XtreamDownloader - VOD file & VOD STRM export from Live TV provider

Senna

Thanks you for keeping this software updated. I like the GUI changes and the fact that I can sort by date without the software throwing an error. Here are the bugs I encountered after initial testing:

1. IP Ban checking always returns a "connection time-out. Server is busy or possible IP-Ban." even though I have no trouble connecting to the server and downloading movies works just fine.

2. Apparently, I can no longer save my server, username, and password to be used across sessions. That kind of sucks!

3. The list jumping bug is still persists. To reproduce, (1) select a group, (2) click in the title window and type a letter to jump to movies beginning with name of letter, (3) move the move mouse and watch the high-lighting jump back to the first title in the list. This bug is very annoying, but fortunately is only encountered on first try. Repeating above second again, will not result in jump to the first title.

If these could be addressed that would be fantastic.

Feature request: Searching the titles would be amazing!

1: Can't reproduce that error - tested it with various servers, and always responds as it should; try anoither server and see if it still happens?

2: This will be added back in the future update

feature request: right click -> search.. you can search movies, series episodes

Updated - and added favorites menu-item, here you can add favorite connections, which are available from the connection button menu.

xd-fav1.png

Just right click in the dialog for the options:

xd-fav2.png

And you can add/edit/delete

xd-fav3.png

• Like 1

revengineer

Thank you for adding the favorites. I tested the feature and it seems to work well for me.

Also thank you for pointing me to the search feature.

I have no clue why the check IP ban does not work with my provider. I only have one provider so cannot test another. If there is a log that would provide insight, please let me know.

Finally, where you (or anyone else) able to reproduce my issue with the jumping title list?

Well if you can explain it a bit more, i tried what you said - but cant reproduce it.. maybe you can send me some screenshots / screenvideo? so i can see what you exactly do - and when it happens.. 

revengineer

Well if you can explain it a bit more, i tried what you said - but cant reproduce it.. maybe you can send me some screenshots / screenvideo? so i can see what you exactly do - and when it happens.. 

I do not know how to described this any clearer. I am having this issue on Windows 10. To test further, I tried this in a clean Windows 7 VM andwas able to reproduce this issue. Screenshots won't help. I don't know how to record and if I could record this I would not know how to blank the username and password. So I have to give up. Sorry.

This is already possible - you can convert local and remote m3u files.5cb392ff355e7_convert.png

After writing a similar program in python i am impressed by yours. It looks pretty cool and would love to see your parsing code. Is this open source? You can see the one i wrote at https://github.com/silence48/m3u2strm

However mine is strictly command line. Good job!

• Like 1

Sorry this is closed source - its written in Pascal. I dit write a parser in php that i sopen-source: https://erdesigns.eu/app/php/view/5 and i can share you the php code i used on my website for converting to strm files https://erdesigns.eu/app/tools/m3u-to-strm

But if you are interested - im willing to share my pascal code - if you keep it to yourself :)

Edited by ERD

Nanganator

Update: Reintroduced the M3U 2 STRM tool, more information on how to use here: https://forum.erd-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?id=36

m3u2strm.png

I'm getting some strange behaviour with the command line tool with TV. It seems to strip the show name and just generates S01E01.strm, S01E02.strm etc. These then all get placed in a folder of the show name. Doesn't create season folders. Exporting from the gui doesn't create season folders but does keep the show name. Not sure if I'm just being dumb and have missed a setting somewhere.

Also I noticed since moving from 1.0.0.46 to 1.1.0.55 I can't scrape my movies properly any more. In the gui I see the different groups as normal but there are no movies listed below. However if I click at the top of where the list of movies should be the cover section shows a cover image and no other details. I can only get 1 cover to show. When I do an export, all the groups selected have their respective folder created but only 1 movie from each group is ever scraped (the one which I could get the cover to show). The command line seems to work fine. 1.0.0.46 still works perfectly so still using that for manual tasks.

Let me know if I can do anything to help diagnose.

Edited by Nanganator

Well this is not a bug - or strange behaviour, i did that because most of the users asked me to format the series like that. Because kodi/emby will use this to scrape the series information. And can u send me a copy of your iptv details to i can check it for you. Because i dont understand what you mean with scrape your movies properly? You mean in the m3u2strm tool?

Also the older commandline tool used a M3U parser, so it parsed the m3u file itself where the new version uses the XC Reloaded API. I will create a second M3U2STRM which will run on M3U files, but i have other priorities at the moment.

Edited by ERD

• 3 weeks later...
Nanganator

I'm doing a terrible job of explaining the movies thing so I'll just post up the screen shots.

The groups all load up fine, but there is apparently nothing in the groups

5ec557bbaa9f5_ERDerror1.jpg

If I click where the first item in the group " should" be the poster loads but nothing else.

5ec557fa26654_ERDerro2.jpg

The old version shows everything no worries

5ec5582cc646a_ERDerror3.jpg

Another point I noticed with the cmdline tool is it doesn't seem to handle multi episodes eg. S04E05E06
Doing a manual export with the gui I get these episodes.

5ec559205d3ed_episodes1.jpg

Using cmdline tool I get these

5ec5594178c44_episodes2.jpg

Same for all other shows and all other multi episodes.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
gillmacca01

My IPTV supplier also has an M3U for VOD Sports. Obviously these do not contain movie id's, or season/episode numbers.

Is there a way to use this software to maybe extract to STRM, but by filename (or something similar)?

Edited by gillmacca01
new query

• 4 weeks later...
sydneybrit
On 4/30/2020 at 9:06 PM, ERD said:

Well this is not a bug - or strange behaviour, i did that because most of the users asked me to format the series like that. Because kodi/emby will use this to scrape the series information. And can u send me a copy of your iptv details to i can check it for you. Because i dont understand what you mean with scrape your movies properly? You mean in the m3u2strm tool?

Also the older commandline tool used a M3U parser, so it parsed the m3u file itself where the new version uses the XC Reloaded API. I will create a second M3U2STRM which will run on M3U files, but i have other priorities at the moment.

Hi there ERD

When I try using the new commandline tool I get http errors (suspect this because it is using the XC API) and then find my IPTV provider has banned my IP address. So for me the option to parse the m3u file (as the older tool used to do) would be most welcome. Any update on when the 2nd tool will be available?

Also, because my provider mixes TV shows and movies in the same group, the tool needs to be able to separate these out and create the right folder structures. The new tool seems to have this functionality but just want to check it addresses my issue?

Cheers

• 10 months later...
shdwkeeper
On 8/17/2019 at 10:55 PM, EODCrafter said:
for i in "MOVIES"
do
<iptv_download.m3u grep --no-group-separator -A1 'group-title="'"$i"\" >"$i.m3u"
sed -i '1i #EXTM3U' "$i.m3u"
done

If my .m3u has group-titles that look like this "24/7 TV" "PPV / EVENTS" - how do I modify this to be able to handle the forward slashes "/" in the group-title.  As of right now it doesn't work if they are there, if the group-title doesn't have the forward slashes it works fine.

EODCrafter
5 hours ago, shdwkeeper said:

If my .m3u has group-titles that look like this "24/7 TV" "PPV / EVENTS" - how do I modify this to be able to handle the forward slashes "/" in the group-title.  As of right now it doesn't work if they are there, if the group-title doesn't have the forward slashes it works fine.

I think Xtream Downloader is dead.

EODCrafter
1 hour ago, shdwkeeper said:

@EODCrafterit is, I'm just replying to your script with my question. Any ideas how to resolve that issue?  I saw your post this on another site a few tears ago also.

No, as Alt has said on xTeVe, it is improper use of the slash by your provider and will even effect how your Clients interpret the m3u. A BIG N0-NO in scripted language apparently. Who would of thunk?

Edited by EODCrafter

shdwkeeper
2 hours ago, EODCrafter said:

No, as Alt has said on xTeVe, it is improper use of the slash by your provider and will even effect how your Clients interpret the m3u. A BIG N0-NO in scripted language apparently. Who would of thunk?

I figured a way around it using 2 scripts

• 1 month later...

Anyone know any alternative to xd pro?

the website is down/closed, dns was removed so i think is dead forever.

and without the webserver running the software isnt working :(

6 hours ago, frank76 said:

I published opensource code called m3u2strm that is a python script that can be modified to do the same thing.  

EODCrafter
14 hours ago, frank76 said:

IPTV Boss, Not sure if Wlarus is done yet, google it.

revengineer
On 2/23/2022 at 1:47 AM, EODCrafter said:

IPTV Boss, Not sure if Wlarus is done yet, google it.

This program seems to be very difficult to find, not easy to google. I found one forum, which may offer it as download to a post. However, after becoming a member it now requires 10 "likes" to my own posts to get access to the code. This is an absolute bullshit way to distribute software.

I will look into m3u2strm advertised above. A nice feature of xtream downloader is the ability to also list, sort and download the movies from a GUI. I have not found a replacement for this feature yet.

Edited by revengineer

revengineer
On 2/22/2022 at 5:10 PM, t1m said:

I published opensource code called m3u2strm that is a python script that can be modified to do the same thing.  

Thank you for providing this software to the community. The documentation on github seems to be a little thin. Are there more detailed usage instructions somewhere else? (I found where I place my m3u URL but I am not sure where to insert the destination directory for the strm files or the categories in the m3u file to only extract a subset of the movies/shows.)