XtreamDownloader - VOD file & VOD STRM export from Live TV provider

Senna

wtstreetglow

First Post Here!!

Can someone here tell me if I am thinking about something wrong or if there is a way around the issue?

To me, it seems like the command line interface isn't very useful-- I mean, yes, it is in terms of being able to automate the pulling of additional VOD streams etc. but when it is done with the GUI, you are given the opportunity to separate Series and Movies where as when using the command line interface, I am not seeing a way to do that. Yes, I see that you can put each category into it's on folder but in my case the "series" and "movies" both have folders (on the IPTV providers end) of the same name so when I go into the section of the software (command line wizard) that let's me choose the category of entertainment, there is no separation of series/ movies in the selection categories so it ends up dumping all movies and series of that category in a common folder based on the chosen category. When this happens, since I don't know of a way to scrape for both series and movies in a common library folder, I don't have box art/ series art on any of the titles and it looks like a hot mess on the clients.-- When this is done using the GUI, since the software determines what something is in terms of movie or series, it is possible to keep the 2 separated.

Am I missing something? Was this an oversight in the building of the software? Or possibly a known problem that isn't fixable? Heck maybe it is fixable?

Thank you all for any insight you can give me on my issue above. I really appreciate it!!

-WT

Edited by wtstreetglow

gtmnyc

First Post Here!!

Can someone here tell me if I am thinking about something wrong or if there is a way around the issue?

To me, it seems like the command line interface isn't very useful-- I mean, yes, it is in terms of being able to automate the pulling of additional VOD streams etc. but when it is done with the GUI, you are given the opportunity to separate Series and Movies where as when using the command line interface, I am not seeing a way to do that. Yes, I see that you can put each category into it's on folder but in my case the "series" and "movies" both have folders (on the IPTV providers end) of the same name so when I go into the section of the software (command line wizard) that let's me choose the category of entertainment, there is no separation of series/ movies in the selection categories so it ends up dumping all movies and series of that category in a common folder based on the chosen category. When this happens, since I don't know of a way to scrape for both series and movies in a common library folder, I don't have box art/ series art on any of the titles and it looks like a hot mess on the clients.-- When this is done using the GUI, since the software determines what something is in terms of movie or series, it is possible to keep the 2 separated.

Am I missing something? Was this an oversight in the building of the software? Or possibly a known problem that isn't fixable? Heck maybe it is fixable?

Thank you all for any insight you can give me on my issue above. I really appreciate it!!

-WT

EODCrafter

First Post Here!!

To me, it seems like the command line interface isn't very useful-- I mean, yes, it is in terms of being able to automate the pulling of additional VOD streams etc. but when it is done with the GUI, you are given the opportunity to separate Series and Movies where as when using the command line interface, I am not seeing a way to do that. Yes, I see that you can put each category into it's on folder but in my case the "series" and "movies" both have folders (on the IPTV providers end) of the same name so when I go into the section of the software (command line wizard) that let's me choose the category of entertainment, there is no separation of series/ movies in the selection categories so it ends up dumping all movies and series of that category in a common folder based on the chosen category. When this happens, since I don't know of a way to scrape for both series and movies in a common library folder, I don't have box art/ series art on any of the titles and it looks like a hot mess on the clients.-- When this is done using the GUI, since the software determines what something is in terms of movie or series, it is possible to keep the 2 separated.

-WT

You can just Pull "groups" from the m3u with wget and use the command line version to turn them into Stream Files. It would however be easier if they made it to just do it from the GUI Command Creator or the GUI Interface. Here's the Pull command for Linux....

#!/bin/sh
#M3U Grab
cd /mnt/c/Users/eodst/Documents/Live-1
rm "iptv_download.m3u" -rf MOVIES/
wget "http://go.great.iptv/get.php?username=XXXXXXXXX&password=XXXXXXXXXX&type=m3u_plus&output=ts" -O iptv_download.m3u
for i in "MOVIES"
do
<iptv_download.m3u grep --no-group-separator -A1 'group-title="'"$i"\" >"$i.m3u"
sed -i '1i #EXTM3U' "$i.m3u"
done

C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\ERD Xtream Downloader\M3U2STRM.exe -local "C:\Users\eodst\Documents\Live-1\MOVIES.m3u" -output "C:\Users\eodst\Documents\Live-1"
Edited by EODCrafter

Nanganator

The only thing you can't do in Automation is Pull Series VODs and have them got into Episode/Season Folders but @@ERD has told me he's looking into implementing this function!

Like This.....

5cb4635b9ecbd_Capture.png

I'm gagging for this functionality @@ERD. I'll buy you a carton of beers if you get that in! My TV provider cuts me off pretty quickly after beginning scraping the several hundred TV series so being able to use cmd line and automate as well as skip over already scraped strm files would be a god send.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys do you know how long it takes for them to release license? I made payment yesterday, but from what I saw process is manual for release :(

EODCrafter

Hello guys do you know how long it takes for them to release license? I made payment yesterday, but from what I saw process is manual for release :(

He's been in the Hospital at last report.

Forzaliberta

Hello everyone . Sorry for my english. I have a problem when i try to make an export to ".srt" .

It's ok when i export "vod ", but when i export "serie TV " i have a massage error "VIOLATION AT ADDRESS 0096D232" . Can someone have a solution ?

Thanks for all

Sorry for the late response - ill try to work on a update this week. I have been hospitalized because of cancer, im back at home now - ill try to bring a new update asap - people waiting for a license - please email me on my paypal email address, and ill send the license asap.

Im starting on a new version of the Xtream Downloader with extended scripts and command line tool.. im also working on a linux and macos version.

[EDIT]

If you have function requests - please post them so i can implement them in the update. I will extend the commandline tool so it will create different folders for seasons, i will also add a function for creating nfo files for the emby library.

Edited by ERD
  • Like 3

EODCrafter

Sorry for the late response - ill try to work on a update this week. I have been hospitalized because of cancer, im back at home now - ill try to bring a new update asap - people waiting for a license - please email me on my paypal email address, and ill send the license asap.

Im starting on a new version of the Xtream Downloader with extended scripts and command line tool.. im also working on a linux and macos version.

[EDIT]

If you have function requests - please post them so i can implement them in the update. I will extend the commandline tool so it will create different folders for seasons, i will also add a function for creating nfo files for the emby library.

Get Better Brother! Welcome back!

revengineer

I hope you get better soon!

• 4 weeks later...
EODCrafter

XtreamDownloader, a direct DOWNLOAD and EXPORT tool (Win7-Win10) for IPTV VOD, to be used with IPTV providers who uses Xtream Codes.

Especially made for users who want to use IPTV VOD DIRECTLY in Emby, so they can use all the library options in Emby, like WATCHED status and RESUME points with Video On Demand from their IPTV provider.

UPDATE:

Until further notice, this tool is end of life.

https://torrentfreak.com/xtream-codes-iptv-system-targeted-in-massive-police-operation/

Some IPTV Providers are hacking their way into XC V1...May still work with that.

• 2 weeks later...

HI,

I just paid for your app. 

when i put a list to download very often i get "HTTP/1.1 403 forbidden". and then i am forced to delete the file and download again. this is manual process, the entire download stops in this situation,

can you make the app "jump" to next file if for some reason it gets stuck

EODCrafter

HI,

I just paid for your app. 

when i put a list to download very often i get "HTTP/1.1 403 forbidden". and then i am forced to delete the file and download again. this is manual process, the entire download stops in this situation,

can you make the app "jump" to next file if for some reason it gets stuck

403 forbidden is coming from the Provider...In other words, they are not allowing external connections of this Nature to scrape there m3u...Sry :(

You Do Realize Xtream Codes is Dead right?

Edited by EODCrafter

U dont need xtream codes for this app to work, this app is based on m3u playlist. so provided the url i submit in the app is m3u format it will readand download it. 

the 403 happens because the file does not exists. 

and then the downloader stops, i want the download to proceed to next download instead of stopping, its very painful having to sit and monitor if it stops or not. 

can the developer please have a tick button where we can select to "ignore failed downloads". so the downloader proceeds ? 

Happy2Play

U dont need xtream codes for this app to work, this app is based on m3u playlist. so provided the url i submit in the app is m3u format it will readand download it. 

the 403 happens because the file does not exists. 

and then the downloader stops, i want the download to proceed to next download instead of stopping, its very painful having to sit and monitor if it stops or not. 

can the developer please have a tick button where we can select to "ignore failed downloads". so the downloader proceeds

No, it is their software.

05/10/2019 Update

We want to inform you that xtream-codes is not offering any kind of support at the moment ( Through skype or emails etc ) . Any user that pretends to be an administrator of xtream codes or staff member is fake. Do not trust anyone.

Initial Announcement

Our website and services are down due to a preventing examination from italian Authorities. The examination is about a small number of our clients located in Italy. We apologize for any inconveniece although we are not responsible.

Please note that any website or/and service is using our name is fake and we are not in any way associated with them.

Xtream-Codes Team

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

For the people who still use strm files, i created a online function for conversion: https://erdesigns.eu/app/tools/m3u-to-strm

If you want to automate it on linux, please send me a message through the contact form on my website. it is very easy to automate, i will release an updated version for windows this week - that allows automating this process. The online version also splits series into their own folders, and filenames are conform Kodi and Emby.

• Like 3

Mastrovious

@@ERD

Just registered for xtreamdownloader and erd iptv m3u editor, no problems there.

I can start the programs and connect to my iptv provider and the list is loaded. However, evry time I try to switch to another group I get "Socket error # 10054 Connection reset by peer". Same goes for the ERD IPTV M3U Editor... 

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

New version is out, with alot of things fixed - better downloading, i will update the strm command line tool this week - so for the people noticing it is not in the update yet, this will be there in the update i release later this month.

Direct download link: https://erdesigns.eu/app/premium/xtream-downloader/download

More info: https://erdesigns.eu/app/premium/xtream-downloader/overview

xoverview2.png

If you lost your license key, please send a message through the website contact form and ill send you a new one.

Edited by ERD

revengineer

Thanks you for keeping this software updated. I like the GUI changes and the fact that I can sort by date without the software throwing an error. Here are the bugs I encountered after initial testing:

1. IP Ban checking always returns a "connection time-out. Server is busy or possible IP-Ban." even though I have no trouble connecting to the server and downloading movies works just fine.

2. Apparently, I can no longer save my server, username, and password to be used across sessions. That kind of sucks!

3. The list jumping bug is still persists. To reproduce, (1) select a group, (2) click in the title window and type a letter to jump to movies beginning with name of letter, (3) move the move mouse and watch the high-lighting jump back to the first title in the list. This bug is very annoying, but fortunately is only encountered on first try. Repeating above second again, will not result in jump to the first title.

If these could be addressed that would be fantastic.

Feature request: Searching the titles would be amazing!

Edited by revengineer

revengineer

Also: Checking your forum, it seems that ads are for freeware and trial users. Why do I see them as a registered user? Can I make this go away?

Edited by revengineer