30 replies to this topic

#21 IkeTaylor11 OFFLINE  

IkeTaylor11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • Local time: 09:26 PM

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:20 AM

I just tried the trial and it looks perfect for adding Vader's VOD to my Emby server.

Couple of questions.

First, can the vaders m3u to strm export be automated?

Second, I don't suppose there's a linux version of this app?  My Emby is on Linux and I'd have to keep a windows VM running just for this program.

I have asked the same question about automating Vaders. Its fallen on deaf ears, no one wants to respond about it apparently. I would really like this functionality as well. Especially since I have paid for the app. 

• ERD likes this

#22 skywise OFFLINE  

skywise

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:49 AM

I have asked the same question about automating Vaders. Its fallen on deaf ears, no one wants to respond about it apparently. I would really like this functionality as well. Especially since I have paid for the app. 

I just paid and did get a response back to my email, saying the CLI version will extract the Vaders strm. 

I'll give it a try and let you know.

#23 ERD OFFLINE  

ERD

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Local time: 03:26 AM

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:51 AM

My appologies for the late response - i'm currently having some medical difficulties, and havent been as active on development lately - (hospitalized), but i will try to create a linux version soon - the only problem i have is that to make it run on linux, i have to rewrite the complete m3u parser, so i can do this - but it will take some etime rewriting 90% of the code. I also have to find out if i need to recompile for different platforms (x86, arm) - also i dont have vaders at the moment, but i will try to get a  trial for a day - so i can finetune the automated tool if nessecary to make it work flawless.

Edited by ERD, 14 March 2019 - 10:54 AM.

#24 IkeTaylor11 OFFLINE  

IkeTaylor11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:52 AM

I just paid and did get a response back to my email, saying the CLI version will extract the Vaders strm.
I'll give it a try and let you know.

If you get it working let me know. I’m fine with command line option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#25 IkeTaylor11 OFFLINE  

IkeTaylor11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:53 AM

My appologies for the late response - i'm currently having some medical difficulties, and havent been as active on development lately - (hospitalized), but i will try to create a linux version soon - the only problem i have is that to make it run on linux, i have to rewrite the complete m3u parser, so i can do this - but it will take some etime rewriting 90% of the code. I also have to find out if i need to recompile for different platforms (x86, arm)

Thanks for the update and I hope you get better soon. Heath takes priority.

• ERD likes this

#26 ERD OFFLINE  

ERD

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:16 AM

I'm downloading and installing another IDE right now (integrated development environment) - so i can take a look at how much work it would be to convert the cmd-line to linux, and ill try to make a linux version.

• skywise likes this

#27 skywise OFFLINE  

skywise

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:24 AM

If you get it working let me know. I’m fine with command line option.

Looks to be pretty simple, at least with a local file..

Here's what I used.

---

C:\Program Files (x86)\ERD Xtream Downloader>M3U2STRM.exe -output C:\Users\freddy26\Downloads\vod -local C:\Users\freddy26\Downloads\vget.m3u
C:\Program Files (x86)\ERD Xtream Downloader>M3U2STRM.exe -output C:\Users\freddy26\Downloads\vod -url http%3A%2F%2Fvapi.vaders.tv%2Fvod%2Fvget%3Fusername%3DUSERID%26password%3DPASSWORD

---

The readme for it is here:  C:\Program Files (x86)\ERD Xtream Downloader>"M3U2STRM ReadMe.txt"

ANd more info (like the log file location) is earlier in this thread: https://emby.media/c...vider/?p=654142

I'm not automated yet, but certainly closer.

#28 skywise OFFLINE  

skywise

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:33 PM

Here's the last pieces to automate my extract.

cd /cygdrive/c/Users/freddy26/Downloads/vod

rsync -av --delete-before --chmod=ug=rw --exclude Movies * emby@embyserver:IPTV-vod/TV/
rsync -av --delete-before --chmod=ug=rw Movies/* emby@emby-server:IPTV-vod/Movies/

cygwin with rsync and openssh are needed to make the above work.

I ran the above inside a cygwin shell, and added the extract CLI command to a bash shell.  The only thing I had to change to the M3U2STRM command was double \\ for the Windows pathes.  (C:\\Users\\)

Now I just need to figure out how to cron the little shell script. (solved that as well with cron and cygrunsrv)

Edited by skywise, 14 March 2019 - 02:53 PM.

#29 IkeTaylor11 OFFLINE  

IkeTaylor11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:13 PM

@skywise have you gotten the command line to work with a url? I can only get it to work with a local file. 

#30 skywise OFFLINE  

skywise

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:39 PM

Yes, the URL that I posted works for me, but you need all the %whatvers in it.

Just replace USERID and PASSWORD with yours. So...

M3U2STRM.exe -output C:\Users\freddy26\Downloads\vod -url http%3A%2F%2Fvapi.vaders.tv%2Fvod%2Fvget%3Fusername%3DIkeTaylor11%26password%3DSuperSecret

#31 ERD OFFLINE  

ERD

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:50 PM

Thats right - you need to URL Encode the url: https://www.urlencoder.org/ - also says so in the readme file, and if you use the tool to create the command line it will automatically urlencode the url. This is needed because else the characters like // are seen as arguments, and the tool will not receive the full url - but just a  part of it..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VOD, IPTV, STRM, DOWNLOAD, Video on Demand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users