XtreamDownloader - VOD file & VOD STRM export from Live TV provider

Senna

I'm downloading and installing another IDE right now (integrated development environment) - so i can take a look at how much work it would be to convert the cmd-line to linux, and ill try to make a linux version.

• Like 1

skywise

If you get it working let me know. I’m fine with command line option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks to be pretty simple, at least with a local file..

Here's what I used.

---

C:\Program Files (x86)\ERD Xtream Downloader>M3U2STRM.exe -output C:\Users\freddy26\Downloads\vod -local C:\Users\freddy26\Downloads\vget.m3u

C:\Program Files (x86)\ERD Xtream Downloader>M3U2STRM.exe -output C:\Users\freddy26\Downloads\vod -url http%3A%2F%2Fvapi.vaders.tv%2Fvod%2Fvget%3Fusername%3DUSERID%26password%3DPASSWORD

---

The readme for it is here:  C:\Program Files (x86)\ERD Xtream Downloader>"M3U2STRM ReadMe.txt"

ANd more info (like the log file location) is earlier in this thread: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/65778-xtreamdownloader-vod-file-download-vod-strm-export-from-iptv-provider/?p=654142

I'm not automated yet, but certainly closer.

skywise

Here's the last pieces to automate my extract.

cd /cygdrive/c/Users/freddy26/Downloads/vod

rsync -av --delete-before --chmod=ug=rw --exclude Movies * emby@embyserver:IPTV-vod/TV/
rsync -av --delete-before --chmod=ug=rw Movies/* emby@emby-server:IPTV-vod/Movies/

cygwin with rsync and openssh are needed to make the above work.

I ran the above inside a cygwin shell, and added the extract CLI command to a bash shell.  The only thing I had to change to the M3U2STRM command was double \\ for the Windows pathes.  (C:\\Users\\)

Now I just need to figure out how to cron the little shell script. (solved that as well with cron and cygrunsrv)

Edited by skywise

skywise

Yes, the URL that I posted works for me, but you need all the %whatvers in it.

Just replace USERID and PASSWORD with yours. So...

M3U2STRM.exe -output C:\Users\freddy26\Downloads\vod -url http%3A%2F%2Fvapi.vaders.tv%2Fvod%2Fvget%3Fusername%3DIkeTaylor11%26password%3DSuperSecret

Thats right - you need to URL Encode the url: https://www.urlencoder.org/ - also says so in the readme file, and if you use the tool to create the command line it will automatically urlencode the url. This is needed because else the characters like // are seen as arguments, and the tool will not receive the full url - but just a  part of it..

• 3 weeks later...
EODCrafter

XtreamDownloader, a direct DOWNLOAD and EXPORT tool (Win7-Win10) for IPTV VOD, to be used with IPTV providers who uses Xtream Codes.

Especially made for users who want to use IPTV VOD DIRECTLY in Emby, so they can use all the library options in Emby, like WATCHED status and RESUME points with Video On Demand from their IPTV provider.

Tool options:

• Direct DOWNLOAD of IPTV VOD files (mkv, mp4, avi etc) from IPTV providers to PC/Laptop/Server/NAS etc, so that those files can be locally used in Emby WITHOUT streaming from IPTV provider
  • Export VOD from IPTV providers to STRM files, to be used in Emby libraries for DIRECT STREAMING of VOD with Emby and Emby client apps etc.(see Note 1)
  • VOD SORT options in interface available, like name, rating, date added by IPTV provider (so you can directly see which new VOD is added)
  • Query Movie details, like Release date, Genre, Cast etc (see Note 2)
  • Query Media video/audio info (see Notes 2 & 3)
  • Trailer of selected Media (See Note 2)
  • Cover view (See Note 2)
  • Use shortened IPTV provider URL (like goo.gl, bit.ly)
  • Throttle downloads (to cap download speed used)
  • Vaders support for STRM export (see Note 1)
  • Command-line tool available for AUTOMATED STRM Export from local AND remote M3U (see Note 1)
  • More to come...

Notes:

1. When using IPTV VOD STRM files in Emby library AND you have multiple Emby users, there is no way for Emby YET to control the number of SIMULTANEOUS connections to your IPTV provider when streaming IPTV VOD in Emby by using STRM files, which could result in a blocked IPTV account, if more Emby users are accessing your STRM based movies simultaneously, than your IPTV subscription ALLOWS
  2. Only when provider makes them available in Xtream Codes on iptv server
  3. IPTV providers doesn't always provide correct Media Info in Xtream Codes, so use Emby for probing Media Info

Official Website, for more information about this tool, tutorials to get you started (like exporting STRM) and other tools available:

Download XtreamDownloader:

The trial version will have a 5 STRM export LIMIT, so that STRM export can be tested. Direct downloading of VOD files is preserved for registered users only.

Post Edits:

Screenshots:

5bfc6fbb2127f_About_Reg.png

5bfc6fd0948c2_Interface.png

5bfc6fe5356d7_Interface3.png

5bfc6ff803637_STRM_Export.png

5bfc70127e7c9_Movie_Info.png

5bfc70223aa5d_Media_Info.png

That's a lot of Informatiom Mate but I don't see the most important part.... Price

EODCrafter

It's 10 euro for each program

Monthly? I'm trying to develop a simple script to do this...I'll post it here if I have any success.

Edited by EODCrafter

Senna

great tool but getting some video quality degradation... is there an emby setting i need to be using 

You only get the video quality what your provider has to offer, nothing else, nothing worse, as long you don't have transcoding settings active in Emby to transcode to a lower bandwidth.

Senna

That's a lot of Informatiom Mate but I don't see the most important part.... Price

It's in second post from the develloper himself........

People who wish to buy a license, the price is 10 euro's. Payments are availible through paypal.

Could you please edit your post and remove all the wasted space ?

Thanks

EODCrafter

It's in second post from the develloper himself........

Could you please edit your post and remove all the wasted space ?

Thanks

No...Why you so worried about a couple Bytes of data on Emby's Forum? OCD Much? I'm a possible Customer of the Dev but your really starting to annoy me into changing my mind. If your Post wasn't a Duplication of the Wiki and so Large, I could of found the Price :)

Your entire Post could of been this....

http://iptv-tools.com/tutorial-convert-to-strm.php

Edited by EODCrafter

Senna

No...Why you so worried about a couple Bytes of data on Emby's Forum? OCD Much? I'm a possible Customer of the Dev but your really starting to annoy me into changing my mind. If your Post wasn't a Duplication of the Wiki and so Large, I could of found the Price :)

Your entire Post could of been this....

http://iptv-tools.com/tutorial-convert-to-strm.php

Some people have no difficulties to read, but apparently you have :rolleyes:

revengineer

The trial of this software is VERY limited. It does not even allow you to download a single file to test provider. So I had to place order for full version hoping that it will work. Ordering is manual process, hopefully this will not take days to sort out.

EODCrafter

The trial of this software is VERY limited. It does not even allow you to download a single file to test provider. So I had to place order for full version hoping that it will work. Ordering is manual process, hopefully this will not take days to sort out.

It's Excellent Software and worth every Penny! I hope he is available on a Sunday......Try PMing Him and see if you can Ping like that, otherwise you will be trolled by that Senna guy/girl.

Edited by EODCrafter
  • Like 1

revengineer

It's Excellent Software and worth every Penny! I hope he is available on a Sunday......

Just received my response, so this was quick! In fact, I received my license key, and I have now inquired where to send the payment. :)

Update: Tested, paid, excellent software!

Edited by revengineer
  • Like 2

revengineer

I am having some issues with emby recognizing movies for many stream file names An example is "A Taxi Driver [Multi-Subs] [2017].strm". The movie is recognized if "[Multi-Subs]" is deleted from the file name. This seems to be an emby issue.

Edited by revengineer

revengineer

One more question: Can the m3u to strm conversion be automated via command line and task scheduler? Or is this tool GUI only?

Senna

Just read the section post edits, from start post. All the features that were introduced to this tool in time are covered there.

EODCrafter

I am having some issues with emby recognizing movies for many stream file names An example is "A Taxi Driver [Multi-Subs] [2017].strm". The movie is recognized if "[Multi-Subs]" is deleted from the file name. This seems to be an emby issue.

Weird...All Mine Exported Perfectly...Your Provider Xtream Codes?

EODCrafter

I am writing a script that will achieve this. But there will be no interface. But it will be free

Wish I had your Skills but I love the way this puts Series into Season/Episode Folders...It's Just Amazing.