Emby refreshing metadata causing unnecessary drive spin ups!!

mickeyholland

mickeyholland

Every time I (or another user) clicks onto a movie (or TV show) the nfo file gets updated, which then causes both media and parity drive to spin up, as the file is updated and therefore needs to be copied over.

Why is this happening? What information is being written when I click onto a specific movie (not even playing it)? This bugs me, as I would like to keep drive spin ups to a minimum. In my eyes, the drives should only be spun up when I start viewing the media.

Just to give an example, I browse my Emby server (all disks spun down) > select The Matrix (i.e. the screen where you can see more info, not playing the movie itself) > media drive spins up, so does parity drive due to The Matrix.nfo being updated.

1. What information is being written to the metadata file when a user simply clicks onHola VPN Private Internet Access NordVPN

Edited by mickeyholland

Hi, as images get updated, the nfo might need to be saved again. Try going into nfo settings and turning off the option to save image paths info nfo files.