Feature Request: Multiple Users, 1 Kodi profile

feerlessleadr
Go to solution Solved by sualfred,

feerlessleadr

Hi Angel, first off, I just want to say thanks for the emby for Kodi add-on. I've been using it since the first release, and it's really made my life so much simpler for consuming content through Kodi with emby as a backend.

I have a feature request, although I don't know if it would even be possible. I have 2 users set up in emby that each have access to different folders for content. One user is for my wife and I, which has regular TV and movies, and a user for my daughter, which just has access to her kids shows and movies (there are no overlaps in content between the 2 users).

Is it possible to have the add-on sync the content from both users into the same Kodi profile/database, and then when a kids show/movie is updated, my daughter's emby user is updated (for watched, etc), and same thing when an adult show/movie is watched?

This would eliminate the need for me to have to keep switching profiles whenever my daughter wants to watch something on the big TV (and will eliminate the need for me to add my daughter's libraries to my emby user, since that defeats the purpose of having separate users).

Again, not sure if that is at all possible, but wanted to check.

Thanks!

• Solution
sualfred

Just use EmbyCon next to Emby for Kodi for the account of your daughter.

With Embuary you will also profit with seperated widgets and library nodes in this case.

• Like 2

feerlessleadr

great call Fred! I didn't even think of that. I'm already using Embuary, so this worked perfectly.

Thanks!