Recently Released on Home Screen?

dbowles1975

runtimesandbox

Just a further point, for me this is only really an issue for films as TV series are usually the latest episode released and there is already the "Next Up" section.

• Like 2

PuffyToesToo

Right. Good point to add. 

Just a further point, for me this is only really an issue for films as TV series are usually the latest episode released and there is already the "Next Up" section.

• Like 1

PuffyToesToo

So what I did was create a separate category where any movies released within the last 4 months or so are considered 'New Releases'.  Personally, I definitely prefer this, and it seems a workaround ( although a bit of a pain to keep moving files from different folders) that I will use until we hear whether or not this is being considered for development...?   :D 

Edited by PuffyToesToo

• 2 months later...

This type of thing will be possible in the future to create on your own with the introduction of smart views/playlists.

• Like 3

vdatanet

This type of thing will be possible in the future to create on your own with the introduction of smart views/playlists.

Great!

• 4 months later...
computerprep

Wondering if these smart views, or smart playlists are on the horizon still.

Edited by computerprep

kikinjo

Please allow more "freedom" to create custom sections like this, i would like to see something like "admin recommends" section where admin can select what to show in that custom category.

• Like 2

rbjtech

+1

.. for those of us adding to older collections or adding older movies, the ability to have the 'latest releases' in it's own section seems like an obvious OPTION to have (just choose the section and select it from the Home Screen drop down).  Yes I can just edit the metadata to easily to force it to disappear - but this starts to get tiresome. 

As a compromise, the other option is simply to have the OPTION of using the Original Release Date as added date instead of todays date in the Library>Advanced>Date added behaviour for new content.

Thanks.

As a compromise, the other option is simply to have the OPTION of using the Original Release Date as added date instead of todays date in the Library>Advanced>Date added behaviour for new content.

The TimeLord plug-in does that now.

rbjtech

The TimeLord plug-in does that now.

ok - but not sure why a simple core feature needs to be a 'Premium' paid for plug-in, which as I said is a compromise anyway.  I don't WANT to lose the date I added the media, but you are forcing us to use the plugin to modify it because it's the only way to properly show the 'new releases' vs 'added media'.  I want to see both ..

Your main competitor has this obvious feature as standard, so really not sure why you don't just include it out the box ..

Edited by rbjtech

rbjtech

I'm just trying to offer ways to get what you want right now.

ok fair enough - thanks for the replies.  :)

• 1 year later...
jonboyuk

I just wondered since this goes back to 2019, is there a way to have my latest movies show up, so the most recently released one appears first? See my awesome image below.

It's something I had on DS Video from the Synology server which I love!

Capture.thumb.PNG.42eb2009e25ecae64bc4b58964f14e69.PNG

I think the best way to accomplish this will be with smart views/playlists. A dedicated feature for this will be unnecessary when you could just design it via a smart view.

I am a +1 on having it added to showing by Date created on our hard drives, and by when we scanned it in to Emby, SO this being a third option to show by release date.

12 hours ago, jonboyuk said:

is there a way to have my latest movies show up, so the most recently released one appears first?

Hi.  There is a 3rd party plug-in called Time-lord that can change all your items' added dates to release dates which would do this for you.

jonboyuk
15 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  There is a 3rd party plug-in called Time-lord that can change all your items' added dates to release dates which would do this for you.

Thanks, I did see this, but paying for such a basic feature seems a little perverse. It's not as if the content doesn't already have the metadata for their individual release dates. Surely it's a very basic query to fetch and display that data in a more customisable way.

No biggie though, just curious.

• Agree 1

PuffyToesToo
On 3/22/2021 at 8:07 PM, jonboyuk said:

I just wondered since this goes back to 2019, is there a way to have my latest movies show up, so the most recently released one appears first? See my awesome image below.

It's something I had on DS Video from the Synology server which I love!

There is a great plug-in I use called 'New Releases', which accomplishes this for me (if I understand your request correctly). It provides a separate row that features only New Releases in it and you can customize the date cut off point.

nr.JPG

jonboyuk
44 minutes ago, PuffyToesToo said:

There is a great plug-in I use called 'New Releases', which accomplishes this for me (if I understand your request correctly). It provides a separate row that features only New Releases in it and you can customize the date cut off point.

nr.JPG

That's what I want - but I can't see it in the Emby Plugins!