LG Smart - Not Compatible, please assist

PH03N1X

Hi all,

So I've got a nice Emby server set-up and my Samsung TV's and android devices work like a charm, recently got an LG TV and it just has so many issues to get this app going, now after spoofing location and finding the app eventually on the store (LG has such a useless AppStore compared to others) I get the message that it is not compatible with my device, even though the software is up to date and as far as I can see nothing should prohibit me from installing...

Details of Device:

LG 42LW5700-TA

Software version : 05.10.05

SDK version : 01.05

Original Country : RSA - the LG App Store website is shut down, typical RSA nonsense

Spoofed Country : EU (UK) - picks up the store and able to view the compatibility at least

No updates available.... so if there is a way I am missing to manually install that would be great, otherwise any info on what I might be missing would be appreciated.

(https://emby.media/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-413-emby-for-lg-smart-tvs-104-released/ <- if I understand correct this refers to the SDK version so since mine is 1.05 it should in theory work)

Edited by PH03N1X

I expect this is also why the store experience is so bad (as it will be the old NetCast store)  ;)