mouse not working in latest version

701h

We're still looking into it, thanks.

In the meantime when I'm watching in the lounge I use version 3.0.3 for recorded TV, so I can skip the adds. I use version 3.0.5 for movies etc.

So it's not a biggie, just a bit of a nuisance.

J

Keep up the good work Luke. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We're still looking into it, thanks.

Ok thanks. So how do I stop the auto update every time the app opens?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
rikiwi

This problem is still an issue with me, with additional problems, making Emby Theater unusable.

After being away for a week I installed the latest Beta version of Emby Server - 4.1.0.13

I then opened Emby Theater - Version 3.0.3 (this is the only version that was working for me)

Please find attached screen shot of the Theater Home Page.

The 2 options at the top do not respond to any keyboard or mouse input.

Let me know what else you need to try and fix this.

post-916-0-80237700-1552092313_thumb.png

rikiwi

I have tried that numerous times to no avail. Although if I click on any of the 3 items on the top right I can get to their contents, although they look very weird. e.g. clicking the Home Screen from Settings displayed the attached screen shot. And no scrolling is possible.

post-916-0-09992700-1552114393_thumb.png

rikiwi

As I have said previously, Version 3.0.6 does not work as once the progress bar ui has disappeared I have no mouse control over video play. This necessitates me having to leave my lounge, go to the server machine and use its keyboard every time I want to fast forward past TV commercials. Not ideal. I could get another keyboard for the lounge but shouldn't have to as Emby Theater didn't used to have this problem.

As a workaround I can use my phone app and Chromecast to the TV. But I much prefer Theater interface.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Fyi Luke. I stuck in a rx590 the other day and let theatre auto upgrade. the problem has gone for me.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

rikiwi

Hi Luke

Thanks so much for trying to find a solution to this problem.

I Just extracted this file to a folder on the desktop and gave it a whirl.

Unfortunately it plays any video file fine but on clicking the mouse the video just paused playing and no progress UI is displayed.

However the mouse cursor does become hidden after a second and reappears on mouse movement.

So some things are changing.

Please let me know if you need logs or anything else.

• 2 weeks later...
rikiwi

Hi Luke

I installed this version - https://www.dropbox.com/s/zj75bqjajgjerey/theater.zip?dl=0

and went through all the settings, trying all video options in the settings.

BUT I'm getting the same problem as the previous version with no mouse control or keyboard control except for the Esc key  to exit the player.

Let me know if you need anything else.

• 2 weeks later...
rikiwi

Not sure if this will help;

Yesterday I decided to install the windows Store version of Emby Theater and it does not exhibit the mouse control problem.

The downside for me using this version is that the video quality is inferior to the Emby Theater for Windows. 

rikiwi

I've just installed the latest version, 3.0.8 from the website and mouse/keyboard control has changed yet again.

The only thing I can do with the mouse id stop video playback. The only keyboard control is the Escape key to get back to the previous screen.

Using the arrow keys has no effect.

At no time does any GUI get displayed.

Yea I'm not really sure what's going on there. I think it could be gpu-specific. What video settings have you customized?

rikiwi

Its an - AMD ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series.

Its quite a few years old now.

I've been thinking of building a new server, just haven't got round to it.

rikiwi

Some more info, hoping it will help.

This morning I read the posts started yesterday - https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/72982-overlay-missing-on-308/

about the GUI overlay missing.

I wonder if the two problems are connected?

I can now partially control Emby Theater with my mouse by following the tips in the above post.

I can fast-forward and rewind by hovering the mouse pointer until the text box appears so I know where I am.

The only other text box that is displayed is settings, but clicking this has no effect.

The windows controls in the top right corner also work, so I can still go from full-screen to windowed and also minimize and close whilst a video is in progress. Escape brings me back to the previous screen.

From the comments on the other post it may not be related to specific graphics cards

Edited by rikiwi