Merge multiple photo sources by year and month?

rpoitras

rpoitras

Hello,

I was consolidating my photo library and realized that if I have multiple sources/library paths and they contain the same year or month, I get duplicate folders under the photo library when browsing. If I have three separate sources and all contain the same year or year+month, I will get three, etc.

Is there a way to merge these so that in Emby I am only presented with unique years and months regardless of the source? I am looking for a setting in Emby itself and not software that will merge the file system to make multiple sources appear as one.

Thanks!

MikePlanet

Hello,

I was consolidating my photo library and realized that if I have multiple sources/library paths and they contain the same year or month, I get duplicate folders under the photo library when browsing. If I have three separate sources and all contain the same year or year+month, I will get three, etc.

Is there a way to merge these so that in Emby I am only presented with unique years and months regardless of the source? I am looking for a setting in Emby itself and not software that will merge the file system to make multiple sources appear as one.

Thanks!

That is the expected and intended behaviour for the "folder view", there is no merging of same directory structure of multiple directories in a library.

If you want content merged, you'd have to use db views - which are currently lacking even a sort featrure (e.g. sort by picture taken timestamp).

There are some feature requests, that are about improving the photo area, you can like them to get their priority seen by emby team.

rpoitras

Thanks MikePlanet, I didn't know about the db views. Even though I didn't want to use additional software I looked into unionfs-fuse for Ubuntu and ended up installing that package and mounting two new directories, one each for photos and home videos. It works well and since I added to /etc/fstab it will persist reboots.

Thanks again.