Emby rasperry3

tapirone

tapirone

With regards to the forum members I ask for help with problems in playing video files.

Waiting for further questions, I thank those who are able to enlighten me about it.

I state that my knowledge of Linux is very limited and therefore I will try to fulfill

as far as I can with your requests.

post-381743-0-61464800-1542811055_thumb.jpg

post-381743-0-88877400-1542811061_thumb.jpg

post-381743-0-90672900-1542811067_thumb.jpg

tapirone
With more than due apologies, I realized that I have attached the images related to plex, and then I attach emby photos.

Thanks anyway for your attention.

post-381743-0-13291000-1542832089_thumb.jpg

post-381743-0-02438800-1542832102_thumb.jpg

post-381743-0-66548200-1542832114_thumb.jpg

Hi, this is a very old version of Emby Server. Where did you get it? What platform are you running Emby on? Thanks.

tapirone
Ok I was expecting this answer because I'm not kind to pappa ready and turning on the network could depend on an old version.

My emby runs on rasperry 3 and building 'dietpi' along with plex.

Thanks

What is pappa ready? I don't quite understand what you mean.

Regardless, I would suggest using our official install package:

https://emby.media/download.html

Thanks.

I assume he means ready for a family member that is not very technically inclined.

But ya he is running diet pi os / image. So who knows what is going on with the os.

Myself I got really turned off from diet pi when i went to use it on my pi3 it seemed really picky about the size of the sd card i tried to install it on and i had all sorts of issues getting emby to run.

It was much more straightforward installing raspbien and then plex and emby from there. 

tapirone
Sorry I just wanted to make it clear that I'm not waiting for others to solve the problem without me trying to find a solution, of course as far as I can.

However, I took your advice and hope to come to an end without asking for help.

Thanks

tapirone

I assume he means ready for a family member that is not very technically inclined.

But ya he is running diet pi os / image. So who knows what is going on with the os.

Myself I got really turned off from diet pi when i went to use it on my pi3 it seemed really picky about the size of the sd card i tried to install it on and i had all sorts of issues getting emby to run.

It was much more straightforward installing raspbien and then plex and emby from there. 

Thank you for your quotation, obviously I will carry out tests also following your procedure.

Sorry I just wanted to make it clear that I'm not waiting for others to solve the problem without me trying to find a solution, of course as far as I can.
However, I took your advice and hope to come to an end without asking for help.
Thanks

Feel free to ask, we might have questions also but dont feel bad asking for help. There is bound to be someone on here thats able to help out.

tapirone
So, before running the procedure on the new sd card I have:

2) 'dpkg -i emby-server-deb_3.5.3.0_armhf.deb'.

3) 'apt-get update && apt-upgrade'.

4) 'apt autoremove'

5) 'reboot'.

At the moment I'm playing videos that I did not see before.

I will continue to examine the operation and thanks for all the tips.

Good night