Downloading movie question

wingnut144

wingnut144

I am trying to download a movie from my Emby server to a Amazon Fire tablet.  I've installed the client, and can see the movie I want.  When I click the download, it lets me specify the quality.

Once I press the download button, nothing seems to happen, how do I know what is going on??

In the 'download & sync' section all I see is the movie I selected, and "ready to transfer".  Should it not be transferring it?

Edited by wingnut144

legallink

This is usually a timing thing. You have to leave the app running for long enough to download and movies aren’t small. Try downloading something small like a music file. If that works, more likely than not, you didn’t wait long enough.

wingnut144

Is there some sort of indicator for media that has been downloaded to a tablet when I'm browsing?

I know in Plex, there is a way to only show downloaded content

And the app has to be running?  It won't download if the app is closed but the tablet is on??

Edited by wingnut144

legallink

I’m not sure I understand the question. When you have downloaded content, the app will show “My Downloads”. Also make sure that whatever app your using supports downloads. You can also see what media has been downloaded on the server in the admin section.

As far as app closed vs open, it depends on what you mean by open vs closed. It doesn’t have to be open as in the primary app running. Sync will run in the background usually. I just meant you can’t do a hard close on the app.