Adding media with DS415+

Phil61

I’m looking to switch from Plex to Emby. I first added music to Emby from my exisitant music folder, but that didn’t work. I then created an Emby folder with a sub folder named music and added some albums. That worked fine. Then I added more sub folders like movies, vhs. The files are there but when adding them to Emby it doesn’t see them?

Hi there, welcome. Can you please go over an example? Can you show a screenshot of your emby library setup? I'd like to see how things are set. Thanks !

Thanks,

Here are some screenshots from the Synology and Emby. Music is showing using FLAC. The Movie and VHS library each have one file in them, neither shows content on the Emby side. The movie format file is mkv and the VHS file is mpg.

5bf547207d5f3_Capture1.jpg5bf5473fa2299_Capture2.jpg5bf5476cbef1c_Capture3.jpg5bf547790ae62_Capture4.jpg5bf54787c1004_Capture5.jpg

The music is from the subfolder music in the emby main folder. I first copied the albums to that path. Did the same method with video.

I do believe video, I'll need to double check when I get back. Could the issue be is that there is no subfolder dedicated to the file in the VHS folder?

Could the issue be is that there is no subfolder dedicated to the file in the VHS folder? 

It's possible,  yes. We have a new release coming soon so I will test this scenario. Thanks.

I deleted the VHS Library. I added a new one this time putting the file into a folder. For content type I added Home Video & photos. The folder shows but not the file.

erikblues

try these steps and then checking if the newly added items have appeared?

- Open emby settings page

- Then go to “library”

- Select “Scan All Libraries”

If that solves it, your library is just not updating automatically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't currently have a library that duplicates folders from another library, so that is why the other two are empty.

Your music test library points to volume1/emby. The other two are subfolders of that which is not supported at this time.

erikblues

Okay so just don't use subfolders?

Just don’t use a sub folder of a folder that is already also used as a library point.

You can do this:

Volume1/EmbyMediaFolder/music

Volume1/EmbyMediaFolder/movies

While “music” and “movies” can have sub folders without problems (for each movie, artist or album for example)

But you can’t do this:

Volume1/EmbyMediaFolder/music

Volume1/EmbyMediaFolder/music/movies

Luke, correct me if I’m wrong :P

Edited by erikblues