Can't update from 3.4.0.0

sneakysandals

sneakysandals

Hello, I am really hoping someone can help me out here.

I have a TVS-671 and have had Emby running on it for almost 2 years with no problems. However I am running 3.4.0.0 at the moment and it is buggy, slow to load and can't scroll when using chrome. Normally I would just update to the newest version. However, I am unable to do so. QNAPclub alerts me that their is a new update but when I try to update, it downloads the new version (3.5.2.0), gets about half way through installing it. And then nothing. It just reverts back to 3.4.0.0.

Emby itself says within the app

Check for application updates failed.
13 minutes ago
Error: SecureChannelFailure (The authentication or decryption has failed.)

This is extremely frustrating and I have never had this problem before. I would manually install the next version but I cant install the backup plugin because emby thinks it cant download it for some reason but I know it has connection as it can download the update, just not install it.

Any help would be appreciated and you might have to explain things to me.

PenkethBoy

@@Luke the TVS-671 has an intel i3 or i5

TVS-671-i3-4G: Dual-core Intel Core i3-4150 3.5 GHz Processor
TVS-671-i5-8G: Quad-core Intel Core i5-4590S 3.0 GHz Processor (Turbo boost to 3.7 GHz)

sneakysandals

I downloaded and installed that new package but I can't transfer my old backup over as it refuses to download the backup plugin. Is there another way I can install the backup plugin so I can have a seem less transition?

sneakysandals

Would you be able to explain how to do that to me? I opened up the new install and it took me through a start up wizard. Is that option just somewhere in that wizard?

sneakysandals

Disregard, I am just going  to run a clean install. 

Thanks for your help! I didn't know there was a supported version now. Will I have to update this manually?

• 1 month later...