Audio Sync issues with bluetooth

jhatfield

jhatfield

Hello,

I am having issues every time I connect my phone to bluetooth headphones the audio is out of sync with the video playback. When I disconnect the bluetooth everything is fine. Any ideas?

Edited by jhatfield

jamvids

I have had this with certain Bluetooth speakers, I don't think emby is the problem. It happens with Sky Q as well, I think it's just latency in the Bluetooth connection

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

saitoh183

I have had this with certain Bluetooth speakers, I don't think emby is the problem. It happens with Sky Q as well, I think it's just latency in the Bluetooth connection

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

It is a issue with with app and maybe the version of bluetooth. If you search around, you will find the thread about this issue :)

• 2 weeks later...
troyhough

When playing back on my Pixel 2 XL (Android phone), there is a lip-sync issue when playing back using my bluetooth headphones. I've never had this problem with Plex, Youtube, etc in the past. It is the same with Movies, TV shows, Live TV, everything. I immediately tested Plex and Youtube, both of those worked perfectly. I rebooted the phone, same issue.

@@troyhough

• Like 1

imthedoctor

I have the same issue on my note9. It is Emby as all my other apps are in sync at least to the point where is not noticable if it's off. I tried the download linked on that other thread but it throws non-bluetooth audio out of sync.

Edited by imthedoctor

kanipek

I have found a solution to this issue that works for my Nvidia Shield. Should work for any Android device I would think.

There is a metronome app by Soundbrenner. In the settings for the app there is an Audio Latency adjustment. By using that setting I adjusted the delay to -210ms and seems to have worked listing/watching right now.

It is Android - so I had to sideload on the Shield, a little wonkyness using the interface, nothing to severe at all.

So if your Bluetooth setup does not have an adjustment for this delay - This should do the job for you. Spread the word!