Chocolate: Can't Nav to Config w/ Weather

Tanamur
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Tanamur

Hi All - Quick EHS Home Screen navigation question for my remote control. Once I have enabled the Config>Chocolate Views>Show Weather Panel, I  cannot navigate back to the configuration gear icon on the EHS with the remote. 

Any suggestions or remote keys that take me to Config again? Thanks, Tanamur

Tanamur

What is your screen resolution?  I do this about 100 times per day...

Hi ebr - The resolution output from the HP MediaSmart X280N is 1080i via HDMI to a Toshiba 40PX200 flatscreen TV.

Below is a pic of my MediaCenter remote up arrow screen navigation path from menu row to RAL poster to RAL parameter to expanded weather panel. When I nav up again I return to the menu row. When I attempt to go right to the config menu it drops me back to the RAL parameter. How do you move from expanded weather to the config menu?

The only way I have found to navigate to the config menu in the upper right after turning on the weather panel is to find a RAL list like my favorites with only one or two items so that I can then navigate to the end of the RAL panel and then by pressing the right arrow one more time, reach the config icons.

Thanks for the help, Tanamur

5351ee66c7411_chocolatenavigationfix02.j

Okay, 1080i isn't a full resolution.  What does the video card report as the actual resolution being output (e.g. 1920x1080)?

I can see from the picture, though that there is a problem with the display as it is not filling the entire screen and portions of the UI are cut off.  Have you messed with the overscan values in the xml?  If you have, reset them to defaults.

Also, try different types of monitors in the WMC setup to see if you can get it to fill the screen properly and not cut off any information.

Tanamur

The output is from the HP MediaSmart X280N extender so there is no graphic card xy resolution to report. There is only 720p or 1080i to choose from for output by the extender.

I have tweaked the overscan to just fit this TV display. If you look at the right edge just above the V in TV on the menu row you can see a thin blue boarder line.

Anyway, I didn't want to take up too much time troubleshooting and am convinced it is time to dump the extenders in favor of any of the other emerging options. How is it supposed to work after navigating up to the weather panel? Should I be able to press the up or right arrow again and move to the config section in the upper right?

• Solution

Ohhhh, I missed that it was an extender.

The up arrow should take you to the config bar.  But, as you can see in your screen shot, the top and left of your display are cut off so that is probably what is throwing it.  There is nowhere to go "up" to.

• Like 1

Tanamur

Ohhhh, I missed that it was an extender.

The up arrow should take you to the config bar.  But, as you can see in your screen shot, the top and left of your display are cut off so that is probably what is throwing it.  There is nowhere to go "up" to.

Thanks ebr - I should have explicitly stated extender rather than relying on the sig file. Thanks for the navigation info. I have played with the TV "picture" settings but haven't been able to shrink the MB3 display to show additional room to navigate above the weather panel. I am really ready to move on from the extenders and this seems like one more reason. Cheers, Tanamur