Skip not working for some files

Gary566

My skip function and restarting the movie in progress (starts always at the beginning) has stopped working recently using Emby for WMC but only for some videos.   Others work normally.

I been played around trying to see if I could correlate it to anything and it first appeared that skip works for MP4 and AVI files but didn't work for MKV files.   I'm not sure that's really true and there could be some correlation to AC3 audio encoding.

I checked the server dashboard and it says the video is "Direct Playing" even when it's not working correctly.  

I'm attaching the Emby and WMC logs

The only change I made in the last few months is to update the LAV Codecs to get x265 encoding. 

Thanks for looking

Log.txt

MBClassic-1911201842b1fd37a8374d24b57d4efa586c6fff.log

Hi, perhaps the windows media center video player doesn't understand these files very well? 

I'm not sure where to look - is there anything abnormal in the logs I attached that might explain it?

No, we are simply passing off the video to the windows media center video player. That's why there might not be much we can do about this. I would check to see if there is an update for LAV.

dansblackcat

I've had this issue a few times in the past and it was always caused by another program.

One one occasion it was Google Chrome giving me problems and another time it was iTunes.

Try disabling/closing some programs in the task manager and see if the problem goes away?

• 4 weeks later...