Fire HD Tablet App, "My Downloads" does not appear when offline

markle88

• 2 weeks later...
extensive

@@Luke please update!  4 months into the year on a useless device.  Blatantly ignoring your users is a horrible business practice.

• Like 1

Volfan6415

@@Luke please update! 4 months into the year on a useless device. Blatantly ignoring your users is a horrible business practice.

Some update other than we are working on it would be helpful and appreciated. Awhile back there were some beta versions we were supposed to test that had logging but I was never able to the logging on that version working or maybe I just didn’t know where the logs were saved.

I’m here on Emby and not on plex because of the activity of the DEV’s but on issues like this when the activity is just we are working on it certainly creates some serious frustration.

I don’t necessarily need a timetable but at least some indication as to what is causing the issue would be helpful. Is it a permissions? is with the OS? Something to let us know would be helpful.

I get that when you put timetables on things you create expectations, and you don’t want to create expectations that you can’t meet but there are clearly users here that want and need this fixed or at least some idea as to what the issue is as to why it maybe can’t be fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Volfan6415

I’m with you @@extensive about to go on another trip and still have a tablet that I can only load movies onto the internal storage. Makes having the 128gb card pointless. Some update pointing to the source of the problem would go along way here.

• Like 1

extensive

I’m with you @@extensive about to go on another trip and still have a tablet that I can only load movies onto the internal storage. Makes having the 128gb card pointless. Some update pointing to the source of the problem would go along way here.

I say this not to brag but I am a president of a software company and I would be completely embarrassed if I handled this situation like this. Edited by extensive

Volfan6415

I agree I don’t think we are asking for much. And I fully acknowledge that the underlying problem may be android related and out of the EMBY devs direct control or a work around would require re coding something on the server that the cost benefit doesn’t work out until the underlying android issue is resolved. I don’t expect a timeline at all. But I do feel some acknowledgement of what the issue is or what is causing the problem is warranted at this point as I expressed above.

• 2 months later...
extensive

Lol of course not. Just went on a trip with the family and I was going to post in here but didn't because it is fruitless. @@Luke should be ashamed of how horrible his customer support is.

I apologize for the delay. I am working hard to get myself freed up so that i can fully dive back into this issue as soon as possible. Thanks guys.

• 3 weeks later...
hooray4me

Hey @@Luke , is there an ETA on when an App will be available to download from the Amazon App store onto Fire HD Tablets? I've already side-loaded an apk for the time-being... Problem is, of course the offline sync, but also I cannot add the locally installed app to my kids Amazon FreeTime app as an "allowed app".

• 2 weeks later...
darrenkdean

Hey @@Luke , is there an ETA on when an App will be available to download from the Amazon App store onto Fire HD Tablets? I've already side-loaded an apk for the time-being... Problem is, of course the offline sync, but also I cannot add the locally installed app to my kids Amazon FreeTime app as an "allowed app".

Hey bud, this is an Amazon App Store issue where Amazon refuses to make it available in their store specifically for Amazon Devices.  Have to complain to Amazon about that.

The offline sync to External SD is a different story.

hooray4me

Hey bud, this is an Amazon App Store issue where Amazon refuses to make it available in their store specifically for Amazon Devices.  Have to complain to Amazon about that.

The offline sync to External SD is a different story.

Darren, that's like says I don't like the shape of the send button in Outlook... go complain to Microsoft... this is a little different.

• 2 weeks later...