Electron Not Responding - Frustration

Robnaeyaert

Robnaeyaert

Dear Emby. I’m running the latest Emby Server and Theatre on my Windows 10 server and every few days I get an error “Electron Not Responding” which causes a crash.

I’m not sure if this is a Windows issue or and Emby is but I’d be really keen to know how to stop it please.

Thank you.

Hi, that's strange, never heard of that before. Nonetheless, the next release won't use electron anymore so it shouldn't be a problem for you too much longer. thanks.

Robnaeyaert

Oh ok. I thought it might be common after a quick google search.

May I please ask when the next release is and what version number please? Any chance of a beta to help my issue?

Many thanks for the quick reply

You can always jump on the beta version, but I can't offer an ETA on when it will go stable. Hopefully soon. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest asrequested

Hi Luke good to hear Electron is on the way out, I'm still having clashes between it and BitDefender

5c0726c65351b_Capture.png

Electron is only being discontinued in the server, not Theater.

Raptor6L

Electron is only being discontinued in the server, not Theater.

Yes that is correct.

Ok, so there might still be a bit of work to do in this area, for theater. Might be worth noting it's never played up with the Server version of Electron, only Theater. Both Server and Theater are on the same machine. I'd find it unusual if BitDefender was the one program which sees Electron as ransomware. 

To the OP, apologies for hijacking, check your anti-virus\ malware program is not screwing with it. You may need to provide an exception to it?

Thanks 

Chris