No Media Info at all - new user. :(

WilliamGr

WilliamGr

Hey all,

I'm thinking of switching from Plex to Emby. Not liking their direction at all.

I'm running Emby on my 2014 Mac mini, - installed the server no issue, added my media no issue.

However, I'm not seeing any media Info (length, video type, audio type etc) at all in the server browser, or in the Emby Kodi add-on. 

Is there some setting I'm missing? This is really, really bizarre.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by WilliamGr

WilliamGr

Hi there, have you waited for the initial library scan to complete?

Hey there, yes I did. 

There's been a bit of progress by manually refreshing. Now the server side is showing all the Media Info. But the whole thing is a little out of whack on the client end.

I'm using Kodi with the Emby addon, and in the "Movies" main menu, some movies now have Media Info, but some do not.

HOWEVER, if I go into the Addons -> Emby -> Movies, all the movies there have the Media Info already. 

I've tried refreshing on the main Movies library on the Kodi home screen, but there are still gaps in what movies have Media Info and what do not. 

So odd..

WilliamGr

Let's just focus on the web app. So that looks normal now?

So far. I did a manual refresh on the TV shows, and that seems to be starting to curate, too.

Is there a way to see progress on this refresh? I don't see anything obvious to show % etc...

When you do a manual refresh there isn't a way to monitor progress at this time, although it's something we plan to add in the future.

If you are using Emby for Kodi, please remember that this is a syncing add-on, therefore you will not see the updated information until the add-on has re-synced it's information. If this sounds complicated, then you may want to try the EmbyCon add-on which is very simple and doesn't require any syncing. These options are both discussed on our website:

https://emby.media/emby-for-kodi.html

As far as why this happened, the server log will tell us, but the initial library scan must have been interrupted and didn't actually complete successfully.

Thanks.

WilliamGr

That's odd. I mean, I just left it alone to do its scan, so nothing was touched... 

But yes. I'd love to see a visible progress indicator for refresh. Seems like it should be a no-brainer to have that function! :D

Can you explain the add-on menu showing the updated Media Info, but not the "Movies" section (missing a few movies)?

Thank you for your quick responses, by the way. It's not so much about stuff going wrong, but how quick/responsive people are about trying to resolve it once it goes wrong. For this, I thank you. 

Edited by WilliamGr

Can you explain the add-on menu showing the updated Media Info, but not the "Movies" section (missing a few movies)?

I would suggest posting in the Kodi section, but again, the answer is probably pretty simple. The movies section has re-synced, and other sections haven't yet done that.

WilliamGr

I figured since something got messed up, I'd just reinstall the add-on and go from there. 

But yeah, that part isn't your issue I suppose!

Cheers again for the speedy responses. 

snicholson64

I’m new to Emby and have no clue as to what I’m doing. I have the amazon fire box and an iMac. I performed the download on my Mac and after that I really don’t know what to do or how this will be linked with my 2 boxes. One I take with me in the Motorhome. I will appreciate all the help you can give me. Initially the box came with BMC loaded but it’s no longer managed. I do not have a issue loading kodi but I would love the easiest way possible to download and watch movies, tv including live tv.

Thanks