shared user preferences with emby and plex

gstlouis

gstlouis

Hello

I'm new to emby, looks like a good software.  I was a plex user for a long time and I jumped ship because of this having to login fiasco.

This maybe far fetched but I am curious to comments.  I have plex and emby working right now and I am wondering if there is a way to share or move the preferences from the plex DB.  What I mean is the prefs that plex keeps to know what I have watched and not watched.  Having a big media folder it would be cool to be able to move these preferences.

any thoughts?

mastrmind11

Hello

I'm new to emby, looks like a good software.  I was a plex user for a long time and I jumped ship because of this having to login fiasco.

This maybe far fetched but I am curious to comments.  I have plex and emby working right now and I am wondering if there is a way to share or move the preferences from the plex DB.  What I mean is the prefs that plex keeps to know what I have watched and not watched.  Having a big media folder it would be cool to be able to move these preferences.

any thoughts?

you might be able to use Trakt.  If Plex has a Trakt plugin, maybe sync your library to Trakt, and try to use the Trakt plugin for Emby to import the watched status.  Not entirely sure if it would work, but it might. Certainly worth a try since it's not like you're going to lose any watched status in Emby if there is none.