Password required at launch and TV not syncing

andcbii
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

andcbii

Emby Server: Version 3.6.0.61

Running on Synology NAS

Kodi Add-on: 3.0.34

Running on Nvidia Shield 

I recently upgraded my sever to 3.6.0.61. since then every time I launch emby i'm asked for my password. This did not used to happen every time. Second, even though it's asking for the password, in the back ground it says I'm logged in and I can see the library syncing. Any idea why i'm being asked to login each time. 

Second, My TV library is not updating. A few shows were missing, didn't sync, so i reset the whole kodi DB. now none of my shows are showing. The progress bar for syncing TV shows doesn't even display. 

Emby logs (from synology):

********************************************************************************
Upload completed successfully, please include this filename with your ticket...
sendlogs_RS-3412xs-1_synology_bromolow_rs3412xs_20181117T010808UTC.tgz          
********************************************************************************

Kodi logs:

• 2 weeks later...
echoxxzz

I'm having the same problem. Everytime I start KODI I get prompted to signin even though I can see Emby for Kodi addon syncing.

I checked the settings.xml file for addon and I can my password stored in the XML file twice. I've tried using Kodi on 2 other computers and on my Android tablet and I get similar problem.

I'm using the latest 3.6 beta build and the latest addon.

Do I also need to upgrade the Kodi addon to a beta version.

Edited by echoxxzz

• 1 month later...
xccxxx

Im getting the same issue as well these past few weeks.

Server Version 3.5.3.0 (Running on Windows)

Addon Version: 3.0.34 (Stable)

Is there any other fix for this other than changing over to the beta version?

Angelblue05

No there's no fix. The beta to stable release should be soon, just don't have a date yet and I still have some things to fix.

Edited by Angelblue05

• 3 weeks later...
AmericanCrisis

This just started happening to me yesterday for both Android TV boxes. I am running official release Emby server. I have not changed anything other than the server updating. I only have one profile loaded in Kodi. Using the Emby that requires Kodi sync plugin. What is causing this and how do I solve it?

Angelblue05

Yes. Update to beta for the add-on as well. Thank you.

Or wait tomorrow (hopefully) for the new stable to be released.

Edited by Angelblue05