TuneIn

arrbee99

danergo

It solved itself. After I stopped and restarted it, the process took like 5 mins, and now it's done within a sec. :)

• 1 month later...
zac115

so i am also having problems with tunein. trying to play anything gives me the error that everyone else get. besides tunein is their anyway else that we can listen to radio?

zac115

so looking at how the api works for tunein it seems that it is just a XML with the info needed to plugin into the stream its self. when i pop in the link in the XML into my browser it gives me a file that i can then pop into VLC or AIMP and those play it fine. So is emby having a problem playing those streams that it is getting from the XML file? i ask this because i can see the radio stations but just nothing happens when i click on them so its like emby is just failing to get the file or stream its self and not playing it.

Edited by zac115

11 hours ago, zac115 said:

so looking at how the api works for tunein it seems that it is just a XML with the info needed to plugin into the stream its self. when i pop in the link in the XML into my browser it gives me a file that i can then pop into VLC or AIMP and those play it fine. So is emby having a problem playing those streams that it is getting from the XML file? i ask this because i can see the radio stations but just nothing happens when i click on them so its like emby is just failing to get the file or stream its self and not playing it.

Have you taken a look at the plugin source code?

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/TuneIn

It's possible that it needs to be updated in terms of the way it reads the xml.

zac115

@Luke ya sure ill take a look at it. but i did set it up on my system and it seems that one of the stations that are on my profile works. but its only one out of many. its really odd that one works and others dont.

BillOatman

@zac115 I posted earlier in this thread what I found when I looked at the data.  It might be at least part of what you are seeing.

Edited by BillOatman

MainMonkey

This Plugin works great for me.

The latLon needs to be 2 numbers separated by a comma. the username cant bee the email address.

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2020 at 5:50 PM, MainMonkey said:

This Plugin works great for me.

The latLon needs to be 2 numbers separated by a comma. the username cant bee the email address.

Hi I'm trying to make it work and seems local stations are working more or less. The refresh internet channel task stuck at 0%, and I don't see any station under by language or location.

Can you see any station in those categories? Thanks!

On 5/14/2020 at 12:25 PM, danergo said:

Hi, just have installed TuneIn, works kind OKish.

I did not login or provide any lat/lon info. It can play local stations, but there is a Scheduled Task which is not able to finish for about half an hour now:

5ebd1c6f69a8a_refesh_nofinish.png

Is this okay? I need to wait more to finish (hours, maybe)?

Hi, do you see more stations except for local ones after the scan completes? I have the same issue the scan stuck at 0% forever..

• 3 months later...
TugboatBill

It seems to work fine for me in Emby on the Emby server.  However when I'm on a Kodi cleint and access it all the stations fail.  It appears they are all links to the server, but using the address 127.0.0.1.  When on the server they work because 127.0.0.1 is local, but on a Kodi client 127.0.0.1 is the client, not the server which it should be.  Is there a way to tell Emby server to use a DNS name and not 127.0.0.1?

On 11/29/2020 at 6:27 PM, TugboatBill said:

It seems to work fine for me in Emby on the Emby server.  However when I'm on a Kodi cleint and access it all the stations fail.  It appears they are all links to the server, but using the address 127.0.0.1.  When on the server they work because 127.0.0.1 is local, but on a Kodi client 127.0.0.1 is the client, not the server which it should be.  Is there a way to tell Emby server to use a DNS name and not 127.0.0.1?

The plugin does nothing specific with 127.0.0.1, so I would post in the Emby for Kodi section of the community.

• 1 year later...
nyryanfamily

In my testing I found the client to be involved. I thought this may be useful to some.  As of the latest both Emby ( and as of 1/25/22  plugin version TuneIn 1.2.5.0.  

Working 

Roku 3 4200-X 10.5.0 

MiBox Android TV V9 Kernel 4.9.113

Fire TV Stick 2nd Gen os 5.2.8.4

Chrome Version 97.0.4692.99 (Official Build) (x86_64) Mac 

Samsung TV 2017

Not working

AppleTV 

Firefox Version 96  Mac

Safari Version 15.2 (17612.3.6.1.6)

1 hour ago, nyryanfamily said:

In my testing I found the client to be involved. I thought this may be useful to some.  As of the latest both Emby ( and as of 1/25/22  plugin version TuneIn 1.2.5.0.  

Working 

Roku 3 4200-X 10.5.0 

MiBox Android TV V9 Kernel 4.9.113

Fire TV Stick 2nd Gen os 5.2.8.4

Chrome Version 97.0.4692.99 (Official Build) (x86_64) Mac 

Samsung TV 2017

Not working

AppleTV 

Firefox Version 96  Mac

Safari Version 15.2 (17612.3.6.1.6)

Hi there, let's look at an example:

Thanks !

• 6 months later...
wonderwond
On 11/16/2018 at 5:56 PM, Luke said:

I'm not sure what you're asking, sorry, but the TuneIn  plugin is a community addition, and contributions are welcome. The source code can be found here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/TuneIn

Thanks !

the tunein plugin has alot of my local stations listed but a lot wont play,  when I go directly to TUNEIN website the stations work, but the plugin wont for the same stations.. is there a way to modify this plugin ??

Edited by wonderwond

wonderwond
On 8/9/2022 at 6:12 AM, GrimReaper said:

No, but you can make Folders tab landing page for your My Movies library, that's a single extra click you'd have. 

On 2/7/2019 at 1:26 PM, adelphiaUK said:

I can confirm it works just fine on my LG TV and it picks up how I have set it on TuneIn. I'm guessing it picks up the configuration according to your TuneIn account (the API key). I would imagine it would be a bit more complex if you had the config setup within the plugin page but not sure.

There's an issue here with the plugin in that it is setup for the server and not per an individual so if the server "owner" likes classical but a user likes heavy metal then I think the server "owner" would have to set up their TuneIn site settings (actually on tunein,com) to include everything people would like to listen to; I suppose you could create an account specifically for the server.

is there a way to modify the Tunein plugin ? a lot of stations work on the tunein website that wont work on the plugin

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, wonderwond said:

is there a way to modify the Tunein plugin ? a lot of stations work on the tunein website that wont work on the plugin

I believe the original dev abandoned it and now is somewhat a community plugin.

MediaBrowser/TuneIn (github.com)