TuneIn

arrbee99

arrbee99

Thought I'd have a go at TuneIn which I installed ages ago. Had a browse round and found lots of stations, non of which played. Thought I'd better have at look for any plugin options, and I see it expects a TuneIn user name and Lat/Long, so I registered and got myself a use name and put in a lat/long for were I live and zero stations showed up. Tried again with a lat/long for London and nothing showed up. Any ideas please ?

Lat/long tried = 51.5, 0.0 in that format

Tried the London one at 11.42 am approx.

arrbee99

Wasn't sure of the definition of 'pull' so was wondering if you meant it would be going away permanently or just temporarily while it got fixed up.

Don't think there'd be much point me looking at source code, the last programming I did was 30+years ago in Fortran, before the interweb even existed I think !

Hi.  It is not our plug-in so, unless someone picks it up and starts supporting it, then it would be pulled until then.

Thanks.

• Like 1

If someone does want to update he plugin. I still have the partner ID and code that was given by TuneIn for the initial emby app developer. Or @@ebr I can send it your way for anyone interested in the future updating the plugin.

I miss this Plugin, but reverted to the dedicated roku app for now.

Erik

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
arrbee99

Was wondering about that. TuneIn seems to have disappeared from My Media, maybe for the last 2 or 3 Windows server betas. Am I missing something obvious (again) ?

It shows up under my plugins. I tried setting up the settings a while ago - if they're wrong would it stop it showing up completely ?

arrbee99

Seems to be back and working in .77. Thanks very much.

EDIT: Next PVR Recordings and Trailers also reappeared in My Media as well btw  :)

Edited by arrbee99

arrbee99

I guess I can just play TuneIn stuff in ET, but I don't suppose there's a way to stop Tune In being killed (i.e. stopping playing) when you refresh Emby in Chrome ?

• 1 month later...
adelphiaUK

If no one has taken this up then I'm prepared to give it a go.

Obviously it will take some time for me to get to understand how the code has been written given that the only comments I can see in the code are the default ones which are written into the code when a function is created.

There's a fair bit to look at so it may take a few months down the line and if, after looking at the code, I feel it to be out of my league or it's just too much of a mess then I'll update to say so; otherwise, if nobody has an objection I'll take it on and let you know my progress under a new thread.

Please tell me your thoughts as I wouldn't want to upset any apple cart or indeed spend lots of time on something that will hardly ever be used.

I would also suggest that the plugin be taken "off line" until such time it's in a working condition which it obviously isn't at this time (for most anyway).

Edited by adelphiaUK
  • Like 1

Playing Tinein via Emby on my phone now after seeing this post.

What needs fixing?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

adelphiaUK

It may not be broken on mobile but it certainly is on the server configuration, web interface (Chrome) and Emby Theatre (Windows) (not tried my TV yet),

• Like 2

I am seeing that the TuneIn plugin does not close the stream when pressing pause / back or stop in the Emby Android TV app.

I will repeat the situation and post a server log as well as an AndroidTV / ShieldTV log as soon as I can.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Edited by Sammy

Spaceboy

It may not be broken on mobile but it certainly is on the server configuration, web interface (Chrome) and Emby Theatre (Windows) (not tried my TV yet),

broken on iOS and android tv from my testing too. Everything works apart from getting the stream
  • Like 2

adelphiaUK

I can confirm it works just fine on my LG TV and it picks up how I have set it on TuneIn. I'm guessing it picks up the configuration according to your TuneIn account (the API key). I would imagine it would be a bit more complex if you had the config setup within the plugin page but not sure.

There's an issue here with the plugin in that it is setup for the server and not per an individual so if the server "owner" likes classical but a user likes heavy metal then I think the server "owner" would have to set up their TuneIn site settings (actually on tunein,com) to include everything people would like to listen to; I suppose you could create an account specifically for the server.

• 4 months later...
ThePatrick

the config screen i think is optional, right?

All that I see on config is a request for Tune In logon and a lat/long... even blank it autosensed my location (IPV4 as my V6 is "elsewhere") Nothing plays even with an ID