Please Confirm: Emby NOT a viable Plex Cloud Alternative?

tarade

Hello, I'm coming from Plex due to their abrupt decision to end support for Cloud Servers. I have about 4TB hosted on Google Drive, and as of 11/30 will not be able to access it. Someone mentioned "Emby" as a Plex alternative, so I've been scoping it out. Hearing that Cloud Servers was an Emby "Premiere" feature and you don't offer a trial for a few hours or days, I paid $5 for the month and installed Emby to see how it's playback from Google Drive compared to Plex's. 

I've been tooling around with Emby for the last 2+ hours, frustrated with not being able to access my Cloud content after setting it up in Emby. After going through pages on these forums, it appears that I & most of the other people on here having difficulties with Google Drive have either been told incorrect information regarding Emby's Cloud capabilities, or simply mistook what Emby's Cloud capability actually is. 

So to confirm for myself and for others questioning Google Drive w/ Emby....Users can only (one-way) sync our Emby server content TO Google Drive, but cannot pull the existing media FROM it, correct?

Okay, thank you. 

Be aware that with Plex Cloud shuttering in the next two weeks, you will probably be seeing more and more people confused as to why they cannot setup their cloud media folders after successfully completing Google Drive setup in Emby.

It may be beneficial for everyone if you made put a notice in your forum and/or in the Emby Premiere feature listing that Emby Cloud Sync cannot access existing media on cloud servers - or something to that effect.

Also, where do I go to request a refund?

The one service I came here for was cloud storage playback - a premium feature. I do not have server content that Emby can access. Emby doesn't offer short-term Premium trials, so I had to pay the $5 essentially for 2.5 hours to find out this isn't a solution for me. 

Thanks.