Make Last.Fm your default agent for Music

Embie
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I have to be honest, Music Brainz is really bad; luckly you had Last.Fm as a plugin and it resolved all the missing posters/information that Music Brainz couldn't find. I know this is a good agent because Plex use this too.

Happy2Play

You already have control over downloader/fetcher order.   

I haven't had a issue yet with Music Brainz and TheAudioDB.

Edited by Happy2Play

• 2 years later...
MBSki

Was the last.fm as an image fetcher disabled? I've added the plug-in, but I don't see the last.fm option in my music library settings.

image.png.7b771e0838e6e14d1fc19accc4046fe6.png

• Solution

There's only scrobbling at this point, not metadata. Last.fm has become cost prohibitive, probably the same reason Plex is trying to phase them out in favor of musicbrainz. We may look to add other sources in future updates. thanks.

MBSki
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

There's only scrobbling at this point, not metadata. Last.fm has become cost prohibitive, probably the same reason Plex is trying to phase them out in favor of musicbrainz. We may look to add other sources in future updates. thanks.

Got it, thanks. That's unfortunate as it appears to have the best repository of images. I don't see anywhere else Plex would be getting the images from if it isn't Last.fm, because MusicBrainz doesn't have them.

1 minute ago, mbarylski said:

Got it, thanks. That's unfortunate as it appears to have the best repository of images. I don't see anywhere else Plex would be getting the images from if it isn't Last.fm, because MusicBrainz doesn't have them.

Yes they do, via the coverart archive.

MBSki
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes they do, via the coverart archive.

Are you saying MusicBrainz has the images? I would think that Emby would be populated with images if that were true. Below are a couple of examples where the images don't exist.  

Here's a couple examples:

That said, the issue I appear to be having is the atrociously long time it takes for Emby to scan the files. I started another thread on this. Can you please explain what's going on here? It's like I'm getting 1 album populated with the MusicBrainzID per day. With absolutely no progress bar, it's impossible to see if it's still working or not.

I would check the cover art archive to see what they may or may not have for those artists. The manual image downloader can also show you what is available.

MBSki
1 minute ago, Luke said:

I would check the cover art archive to see what they may or may not have for those artists. The manual image downloader can also show you what is available.

Ok, I will. 

What about the atrociously long scan with no progress indicator? That seems to be the much bigger issue. Can you please comment on that?