Fastforward Scrubbing

jmassaro87

jmassaro87

Not sure if this has been requested before, but i could not find anything in the forum.

I think it would be nice to have a scrubbing (fast forward multiplier) feature in emby. Specifically in the Apps where all we have is a remote control. Or at least have the >| buttons on screen work. only the >> works and at a max of 30 seconds per skip. takes forever to get to say the middle of a movie.

Background: We were watching a movie last night, toddler threw a tantrum so we stopped his movie. when he was calm he went to resume it, but, instead of hitting "OK" to resume he hit the "Play/Pause" button on the remote. It restarted the movie. the only way for us to get back to the 60% complete mark is hit the >> button over and over and over only going in 30 second increments. 

We use our MU8000 Samsung TV app 99% of the time. 

• Like 10

jmassaro87

Hi.  You should have been able to use chapters to move in larger chunks...

I tried. The chapter skip ">|" button was non functional for me. If there something i need to do to make it work?

That button is for next/previous track in your now playing queue. There currently aren't chapter buttons in the UI but it's something we'll look at in the future. thanks.

Firecatman

Yes, this is definitely something I really like with the Ember app for Win10 and the Emby Theatre app could use it, is the chapter selection/skip function in the player.

• 2 months later...
mchallis

Philo TV is close to the ideal for how visual preview should work on live TV streaming services. Whether you're watching on Roku, Apple TV, or Amazon Fire TV, you'll get a large pop-up window showing what's on as you fast forward. This would be awesome. So you can see when it is time to stop fast forwarding. 

philopreview-100778045-large.jpg

• Like 5

• 10 months later...
MikeB111

I'd like to add my vote here also. It'd be great in the Emby Theater for Windows program if there were a 2X, 3X, 4X speed FF and RW with each press of the button.  And a button to skip to the prev/next chapter also.  Right now only the 30 second skip forward and 10 second skip back buttons are presented in the UI.

This is especially important for people using apps that are controlled by a remote.  With a mouse you can always just grab the slider, but with a remote you're more limited.

Thanks!

Malmgren

Many votes in this thread, but I'd like to add another one. I think this works very well in Kodi. When you press forward once it jumps ten seconds. If you rapidly press twice it jumps 30 seconds, three presses jumps 1 minute and so on. So to jump ten minutes I just need to click forward five times rapidly. (numbers from the top of my head) Don't know if this is intuitive enough for everyone, but I liked it :-)

• 5 months later...
e2zippo

This is so needed, any news on this? Just installed Emby on a new LG tv and it takes forever to fast forward!

8 hours ago, e2zippo said:

This is so needed, any news on this? Just installed Emby on a new LG tv and it takes forever to fast forward!

We are working on improving it. Thanks for the feedback.

• 3 months later...
e2zippo
10 hours ago, Luke said:

We are looking into improving it. Thanks for the feedback.

Any more info than that? You said exactly the same in July.

lurch9366
On 2/18/2019 at 6:56 PM, mchallis said:

Philo TV is close to the ideal for how visual preview should work on live TV streaming services. Whether you're watching on Roku, Apple TV, or Amazon Fire TV, you'll get a large pop-up window showing what's on as you fast forward. This would be awesome. So you can see when it is time to stop fast forwarding. 

philopreview-100778045-large.jpg

I agree with this 100%! There are a few other apps that work the way Philo does. It is very intuitive and easy to use. 

12 hours ago, lurch9366 said:

I agree with this 100%! There are a few other apps that work the way Philo does. It is very intuitive and easy to use. 

Hi.  This is pretty much exactly what we do in the apps that have this implemented so it is what you should expect everywhere we can.

e2zippo
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Hi.  This is pretty much exactly what we do in the apps that have this implemented so it is what you should expect everywhere we can.

Does that include Android TV? :)

2 hours ago, e2zippo said:

Does that include Android TV? :)

Yes.  We've had this implemented there for a while.

scrubbing.png

• Like 1

e2zippo
47 minutes ago, ebr said:

Yes.  We've had this implemented there for a while.

scrubbing.png

Haven't tried the app for a while, but last I looked it wasn't like that, when was it implemented? Have to try it out! Thanks!

e2zippo
4 minutes ago, ebr said:

About 18 months ago.

My bad, I was thinking of my GF's TV which is a LG. 

Any plan on implementing this on the LG app as well?