Live TV - sometimes works

slitzer

Hey all,

The issue I have is Emby used to pickup my m3u8 list and work fine, but now not anymore :(

To troubleshoot i have installed NextPVR and can confirm all channels work flawlessly in NextPVR

So as a workaround I installed the NEXTPVR plugin and all was working for about a day, now not anymore

I can open each link separately in VLC with no lag/issues

Why does this not work in Emby?

I have disabled all transcoding options under the Admin user (the main one i use, and have been testing with)

emby.log

ffmpeg.log

Hi.  What does "not work" mean specifically?

Sorry I should have been more specific,  when you click play for a channel it just sits with the loading/buffering circle and does nothing.  I have waited for ~10 mins before so its not just taking it's time.

And yet while this is still trying to "load" i can fire up VLC and stream the channel without issue.  Could there be something(NextPVR)  that is locking the stream so emby cant stream it?

• Like 1

EODCrafter

Sorry I should have been more specific,  when you click play for a channel it just sits with the loading/buffering circle and does nothing.  I have waited for ~10 mins before so its not just taking it's time.

And yet while this is still trying to "load" i can fire up VLC and stream the channel without issue.  Could there be something(NextPVR)  that is locking the stream so emby cant stream it?

Tested this over and over again...Channels stop loading, Guide Refresh slows to a crawl, Meanwhile Perfect Player refreshes in seconds and plays streams flawlessly....Yea I know, it's all my fault. Please research https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Good Luck.

Edited by EODCrafter

The log provided is actually from video file playback, not live tv. Can you attach a new log example? thanks !

Tested this over and over again...Channels stop loading, Guide Refresh slows to a crawl, Meanwhile Perfect Player refreshes in seconds and plays streams flawlessly....Yea I know, it's all my fault. Please research https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Good Luck.

What are you talking about?

Are you trying to be condescending? 

Also the link you sent me says to look for logs at Windows: %appdata%\Emby-Server\logs

this should read AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\logs

Apologies I didn't realize it was the wrong log, I have attached new ones

This is the forever hang screen i get:5bf4c557d61c5_Err01.png

This is NextPVR working flawlessly:

5bf4c5cf80a17_Err02.png

What time did you try to play? I see a lot of video file playback here, but it's hard to find your live tv attempts. Thanks !

EODCrafter

What are you talking about?

Are you trying to be condescending? 

Also the link you sent me says to look for logs at Windows: %appdata%\Emby-Server\logs

this should read AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\logs

Tried.......to get my Live TV to Work.....Gave up. Wishing you better luck. It's all good.

It's not that difficult, Plug in a M3u URL and a xml URL and off you go. Works great for a day or so then the loading circle. I'm baffled.

The Link I sent you is what Luke references when reporting a problem....Done that several times to the point of being ignored on here and perhaps my attitude got a little "off".

I payed $120 for something that does't work.... for me. I will keep hoping a update will fix this, I love Emby's lay-out. Sry if I sounded condescending.

Edited by EODCrafter

Tried.......to get my Live TV to Work.....Gave up. Wishing you better luck. It's all good.

It's not that difficult, Plug in a M3u URL and a xml URL and off you go. Works great for a day or so then the loading circle. I'm baffled.

The Link I sent you is what Luke references when reporting a problem....Done that several times to the point of being ignored on here and perhaps my attitude got a little "off".

I payed $120 for something that does't work.... for me. I will keep hoping a update will fix this, I love Emby's lay-out. Sry if I sounded condescending.

Not a problem, and I can understand the frustration (I work in IT) 

I had originally done as you say, add m3u list and guide, then boom all working.  But after a week or so I got nothing through Emby.

-Restarted NextPVR services

-Checked though event management for any changes to the system (nothing)

-Checked that all Windows updates are up to date

-Restarted Emby

-tried multiple streams of the same url at the same time(both NextPVR and VLC work fine)

Anything else i can try?

Any Temp files or cache i can clear out?

What time did you try to play? I see a lot of video file playback here, but it's hard to find your live tv attempts. Thanks !

It would have been within 20 mins of my post, as I tried it then attached the log file.  I have cleared all old log files (backed up in-case)  and the only process I did was try open a channel ("Three Life", you should be able to search for this?)

I have attached this new log to this post.

I also attached a Steps recorder file in case your interested

embyserver.txt

Steps.zip

And, what app is it you are trying to play from?

I'm trying to play it though Emby. - I have the NextPVR plugin installed and is pulling though the channels and epg stuff with no issues

EODCrafter

Not a problem, and I can understand the frustration (I work in IT) 

I had originally done as you say, add m3u list and guide, then boom all working.  But after a week or so I got nothing through Emby.

-Restarted NextPVR services

-Checked though event management for any changes to the system (nothing)

-Checked that all Windows updates are up to date

-Restarted Emby

-tried multiple streams of the same url at the same time(both NextPVR and VLC work fine)

Anything else i can try?

Any Temp files or cache i can clear out?

IDK, I've set it up on Windows, On Linux, in Docker, on Nvidia Shield, and all results are the same. Bang, works great for a day or so then My Wife is yelling at me at 3:30 a.m. in the morning (I don't have to get up till 4:30) cause she can't watch her news...I switch to PP and wulah, her news is on. I must be the biggest idiot in the world or something. I really would love to have a DVR and The really cool Guide on Emby but I need my sleep. :) There is a slight delay when I shut off Emby to Perfect Player actually Playing when this happens Kinda Like Emby is connected to My IPTV Provider, and since I'm only allowed 1 connection at a time, I have to wait for it to fully disconnect....Of course that is all speculation as I am no programmer, just a guy that wants reliable TV.

Edited by EODCrafter

It would have been within 20 mins of my post, as I tried it then attached the log file.  I have cleared all old log files (backed up in-case)  and the only process I did was try open a channel ("Three Life", you should be able to search for this?)

I have attached this new log to this post.

I also attached a Steps recorder file in case your interested

Was this all on the same machine? Or was Emby Theater involved on another machine?

I'm trying to play it though Emby. - I have the NextPVR plugin installed and is pulling though the channels and epg stuff with no issues

Hi.  Yes, but which Emby app?  We have about 10 of them on different platforms :).

Was this all on the same machine? Or was Emby Theater involved on another machine?

Yes, So all the testing and process this was all done through the Web app on my server (Win Server 2016) which contains Emby server.

I have also tested this on another Win 10 device (Web app and Theater), my mobile (Android S7) all on my internal network.  As well as Emby Theater for Android Tv and Web based externally.  all with the same result

Hi.  Yes, but which Emby app?  We have about 10 of them on different platforms :).

Doh!  your right sorry.  Its the Web client running localhost:8096 on my server (same location as Emby server and NextPVR

IDK, I've set it up on Windows, On Linux, in Docker, on Nvidia Shield, and all results are the same. Bang, works great for a day or so then My Wife is yelling at me at 3:30 a.m. in the morning (I don't have to get up till 4:30) cause she can't watch her news...I switch to PP and wulah, her news is on. I must be the biggest idiot in the world or something. I really would love to have a DVR and The really cool Guide on Emby but I need my sleep. :) There is a slight delay when I shut off Emby to Perfect Player actually Playing when this happens Kinda Like Emby is connected to My IPTV Provider, and since I'm only allowed 1 connection at a time, I have to wait for it to fully disconnect....Of course that is all speculation as I am no programmer, just a guy that wants reliable TV.

Have you checked your disks to make sure its not running low on space?

arrbee99

Doh!  your right sorry.  Its the Web client running localhost:8096 on my server (same location as Emby server and NextPVR

I guess in the plugin you have something pretty similar to this -

5bf71c1656ded_EmbyNextPVRbaseurl.jpg

Can you remove the next pvr plugin, restart the server, then add the m3u8 directly to emby? thanks.

Can you remove the next pvr plugin, restart the server, then add the m3u8 directly to emby? thanks.

Hmmmm weird one.  So I did as requested added and now get "No compatible streams" error even through they do work

http://iptv.matthuisman.nz/nz/tv.51.m3u8 is one that works (Not sure is this is geolocked to NZ) 

bit bizzare