Affiliate Program

AxelAxel3

AxelAxel3

Hey! I love Emby and have been using it for years. I am always bragging about and showing it off it to my friends/co-workers and convinced a few to try it out (even switch from Plex). My question is, has there ever been any talk of an affiliate program for Emby? My friends know if I ever send them a link, it is always an affiliate link whenever possible.

Just curious!

Edited by Darkstyrm

AxelAxel3

Awesome, I am down for it if it ever does happen. Consider this my vote towards making one! Not sure what all would be involved in creating one (as far as legalities and security), but I do know there are third parties that you can integrate with (Commission Junction, Rakuten), but I would imagine a custom solution would integrate better and be easier for you to manage in the end. And their interface is kind of janky in my opinion.

Since I have implemented DVR/Live TV/HDHomeRun Premium, my interest as well as all of my friends have spiked. It was enough to convince a few of them to switch over once I got to showing them the interface and all the features. Was just curious if one existed or if there was a chance. I am always up for making a little money for advertising products for companies. And the way I see it, the more people I convince to switch to Emby is the more you are supported for all the awesome work you (and your team) does.

Let me know if you ever implement one, or if you need any help (not an expert, but I have been a user of them for years).

VaporTrail

@@Luke A portal worth looking into for an affiliate program is Avangate. The only downside I've found is having to change password every 3 months. Guess that's best practice for security.

As your customers may be spread across the globe, it supports a global affiliate network (130 currencies, 33 languages and 45+ local payment methods). A benefit is Emby would show on their affiliate marketplace, so professional affiliates might get in the game to spread the word: http://www.avangate.com/products/affiliate-network/

• 3 weeks later...
matt_ttam123

Would love to see something like this as well, many family and friends have commented on Emby and would love a setup of their own.

• 2 weeks later...
VaporTrail

@@Luke I'd like to suggest if you ever decide to hike the price of subscriptions, please have an affiliate network in place and allow your affs to sell at the current rate for a limited time. Especially if you decide to ax lifetime. This would create FOMO (fear of missing out). I see it work wonders for SaaS devs.

You may not need to offer affiliates lifetime percentages of subscription fees. 35% of first 12 months / 25% of lifetime may be sufficient to generate interest in an aff program. This may also allay fears that an aff program costs more than direct sponsorships or ad campaigns.

It also keeps in line with your current organic growth model, and does not create additional overhead for a marketing dept. You may find a lot more YouTubers suddenly interested in created Emby how-to videos. I'm always on the lookout. I rarely see them.