Too big file not identified

doffactory

doffactory

I have an issue regarding a H264 encoded 1080 file that is over 5GB big under Music Video category. It is simply not recognised by Emby, while I can access the file if it is shared from my NAS (and play it - i.e. it is not corrupted), and I have comparable files in the usual Movies folder which play fine.

I can access the folder from Emby, but the file is simply missing. This made me wonder, whether there are any limitations given the various categories (Movie, Series, Music, Music Video) in Emby?

doffactory

It is named Author - Music - Part 1.mp4

I do not "feel" it is not recognized, it is not recognized. The folder when I go into it in Emby is _empty_.

Exactly what did you change it to?

Can you please show us some screen shots of both your file system and the Emby UI showing the problem?

Have you tried searching for the item in Emby?

doffactory

Ok, I think I know what is the problem. Basically, I noticed that none of my music video files are identified in Emby. The problem might be the following:

Emby category Music is defined with the following path:

/volume1/Music

Emby category Music Video is defined as:

/volume1/Music/Music Videos

It seems that if you define one category with a path and another category as a sub-folder, the two do not like each other. IMHO it would be good to provide a possibility to define exceptions, if required.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
doffactory

@@doffactory are you still having an issue?

Hi, not, as I moved the folder somewhere else. That solved the issue, however, it can be mentioned in any of your documentation that the practice noted in my initial message should be avoided.