Book Ui Design Ideas

JrD

Hey I’m not sure if this is where im suppose to put this up there but \_(‘-‘_/ . So I have noticed that, although you can add books to Emby, there is no native way to read them or access them in general. So I used my graphic design skills and though of a simple UI you guys can use for it when you guys release this feature. So I based some of the designs on some apps that I have use or know, that are for reading books and brought them all together in this design, bring in some of my favorite features

post-213354-0-95741600-1542170510_thumb.jpeg

So the first image is how it would look when you go and open a book to read. So you have a pop in mini-menu, that goes away simply by tapping on the center and top on the top or bottom to make it apear again. On the top shows the progress of the book with page number, tile of the book along with the author, exit arrow, and the bookmark icon to add bookmarks. At the bottom you find arrows to turn the page, which if its a touchscreen device just sliding should work just as fine. And the circle, upon pressing it will show info on the book and author, your bookmarks, and similar books. Which in my mind looks like this

post-213354-0-28423300-1542170603_thumb.jpeg

You can see that bookmarks and chapters can be accessed through a drop-down menu and the reason it has the arrow on the top is that you just drag down to make it go away. And through some provider or manually add the information about author and book, just like in the movies ui.

Here are both side by side

post-213354-0-33042800-1542170859_thumb.jpeg

If you have any questions or ideas for change feel free to ask and comment on things it can improve on.

Hey I noticed that second photo had an error, so here is the correct image, it was missing the arrows of chapters and bookmark

post-213354-0-66380700-1542172163_thumb.jpeg

Edited by JrD
  • Like 1

Hi, yes I think that's great it's just a question of when we will be able to do that. I think realistically reading a book is something that will be deferred to platform installed document readers.

Hi, yes I think that's great it's just a question of when we will be able to do that. I think realistically reading a book is something that will be deferred to platform installed document readers.

So the reason I did this, is because you can add books to Emby , but I know this after adding some from my personal collection that there is really no support for it. So I don’t if I could get this idea room maybe there would be some support for it. And I know that it’s not the main reason people go to Emby, but it would be something nice to have at least for the people who read and have a good book collection. So with the design I thought it would be a good idea to bring it to light. And while like you said, people may prefer to go to a document reader, it would still be something nice to have to be able to open up a book from Emby without takin up space, and just streaming it or downloading your favorite ones.

Edited by JrD

Internal support in the Android, iOS, and webapp would be amazing.

This project looks interesting and is actively developed.

https://github.com/futurepress/epub.js

And this one for comics

https://github.com/codedread/kthoom

Thanks, I glad you liked the design and I do hope this helps in some way to the project. Like I said if you have any questions about it or suggestions about the design feel free to tell me

• Like 1