Switch Users

Chyron

Chyron

I would like the option to "Switch Users", which effectively would send me to the 

http://app.emby.media/#!/login.html?serverid=[some_value]

page for the current server. If I'm on the Web App and want to switch from myself to my wife or kiddo, I have to click "Log Out > Skip > [Desired Server] > Connect" to get to that page. Being able to switch users quickly would be much better than my current workaround, which is to keep the aforementioned link in my Bookmark Toolbar simply to switch users.

Edited by chyron8472

Hi, simply click your user icon in the top right, then click sign out. From there you can switch users. It is only a matter of two clicks. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

Chyron

Hi, simply click your user icon in the top right, then click sign out. From there you can switch users. It is only a matter of two clicks. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

It only does that if I'm using the server's IP.

If I'm at 

http://localhost:8096/web/index.html

and click Log Out, I go to

http://localhost:8096/web/index.html#!/login.html

...which is what I want, yes.

BUT, if I use Emby Connect:

http://app.emby.media/#!/home.html

And click Log Out, it sends me to 

http://app.emby.media/#!/connectlogin.html

I suppose I'm asking not to redirect to connectlogin.html when logging out while using Emby Connect.

If I may, both Emby Connect and direct-ip should have similar functionality. Logging out of one shouldn't take me to a different page than logging out of the other.

Edited by chyron8472

Emby Connect is designed to quickly and easily connect a single user to your server from a remote location.

If you want to switch between users on the same app/device, you should not log in with Connect.

Chyron

But if I'm using the Android app remotely and log out, it lets me switch users.

If I use the Web app remotely and log out, it kicks me to the un/pw login page.

Only the web app while using app.emby.media seems to not like switching users, which is confusing, to be honest. If you are going on the assumption that Emby Connect on the web app is for use from a public computer, and logging out should log you all the way out, I suggest Emby Connect on the web app also include a Switch User option, even if it's the only place that has it. I mean, the Switch User page on Emby Connect for a given server does exist; you just have to bookmark it to get back to it quickly.

Edited by chyron8472

RobWayBro

I wonder if this would be a correct statement?

Emby Connect's primary purpose would be remote access when not using a Dynamic DNS.  If you have DDNS, or  a static DNS route/ip address, that would be the preferred access.

Thoughts?

I certainly have an Emby Connect login and account, but I also have DDNS and only ever connect to my home server, on any app, with my domain address and don't go through Emby Connect ever.

Please correct me as I don't want to pass incorrect info either.

(Great product, superior support!!)

Edited by RobWayBro

I wonder if this would be a correct statement?

Emby Connect's primary purpose would be remote access when not using a Dynamic DNS.  If you have DDNS, or  a static DNS route/ip address, that would be the preferred access.

Thoughts?

I certainly have an Emby Connect login and account, but I also have DDNS and only ever connect to my home server, on any app, with my domain address and don't go through Emby Connect ever.

Please correct me as I don't want to pass incorrect info either.

(Great product, superior support!!)

Yes that is correct.

But if I'm using the Android app remotely and log out, it lets me switch users.

If I use the Web app remotely and log out, it kicks me to the un/pw login page.

Only the web app while using app.emby.media seems to not like switching users, which is confusing, to be honest. If you are going on the assumption that Emby Connect on the web app is for use from a public computer, and logging out should log you all the way out, I suggest Emby Connect on the web app also include a Switch User option, even if it's the only place that has it. I mean, the Switch User page on Emby Connect for a given server does exist; you just have to bookmark it to get back to it quickly.

Changing users is as simple as logging out, then login as another user. If logging out takes you to the server selection screen, then simply click on the server you want and you can login from there. Thanks.