Is there any way to pin a "Home" button to the top right corner of all screens?

jspenc3

I currently use both a mouse and a remote to control Emby Theater on my Win10 media PC from the couch.  When I scroll down the main home screen (I have a vertical theme), or even once I get a few layers deep into say TV Show series sub-folders, I always have to click exit/back a bunch of times to get back to the top main home screen.  If I'm using the remote it's not so bad as I mapped the home keyboard button to a remote button, but with the mouse it's a PITA to get all the way back to the main home screen with all the scrolling up and left I have to do.

In WMC there is always both a back arrow and a Green Button icon in the top left corner.  Is there any way to add something similar to the top left (or right) corner in Emby (Theater)?

Edited by jspenc3
  • Like 1

In desktop layout mode you will always get a back button. That's the suggested setting if a mouse is your primary input method. We can look at making home more accessible. Thanks.

Lyfesaver

I currently use both a mouse and a remote to control Emby Theater on my Win10 media PC from the couch.  When I scroll down the main home screen (I have a vertical theme), or even once I get a few layers deep into say TV Show series sub-folders, I always have to click exit/back a bunch of times to get back to the top main home screen.  If I'm using the remote it's not so bad as I mapped the home keyboard button to a remote button, but with the mouse it's a PITA to get all the way back to the main home screen with all the scrolling up and left I have to do.

In WMC there is always both a back arrow and a Green Button icon in the top left corner.  Is there any way to add something similar to the top left (or right) corner in Emby (Theater)?

I am with you on this. I too am a Mouse/Remote user and to get home I have to press [bACK], [bACK],[bACK], [bACK],[bACK], [bACK],[bACK], [bACK] (or however many pages deep I am into a series. If you binge 12 episodes, you press [bACK] at least the 12 times). Another way is to press [up} and

until u get to the user profile icon and then press [OK] and select select "Home".

Edited by Lyfesaver

Thanks for the tip Lyfesaver!  I actually realized that last night myself, but ultimately would still rather have the home button similar to the way WMC does it so it's always easily accessible.

On a related note, as I mentioned my (vertical) home screen (TV mode since it's a 65" Plasma) can scroll several pages down, and once I get past the first page the top icons go away.  Even more useful than a home button at the top would be a way to prevent the top from ever going away.

In order to get it back I have to scroll all the way to the top, or even worse if I end up scrolling to the right on a strip I have to go left, then up.  I can't even use the user icon to get to the Home button, and there's no back arrow either since it scrolled off the top.  I did find that sometimes if I open a media details it brings up the top row, is there perhaps a setting that would keep the top row always there?  Or some other way to get it to show up when using a mouse (not in desktop mode, I just tried that and it doesn't look good on the TV or when using the remote)?

There's just way too much time spent clicking (or on a tablet finger swiping) to get back to the top strip if you want to "start doing something new" the way it is now...

Edited by jspenc3