[Emby for Kodi] no music library

glenn 1990

glenn 1990

Hi, 

I'm on Kodi master and version 3.1.34a of the plugin.

My music library is syncing according to the logfile (see attachment), but somehow it won't show up in de GUI.

Movies and Series are working as it should.

The logfile was captured when running "update libraries" trough the emby addon.

Angelblue05

Yup I am aware and looking into it, somehow when querying using the artist does not yield any results. Artists are added but have no albums/songs. How's your music files structure?

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Ok, that's the same structure as the other person. I personally use artist folders > album folders > songs and my music library is correctly detected. I will get back to you on this. For now, if you remove the library from kodi, you should still be able to access it dynamically right? Music addons > emby > open the context menu on the music library > remove from library. Then the dynamic entry should appear.

• Like 2

VaporTrail

Not on topic, but don't feel it warrants its own thread.

I'm also using Emby for Kodi, but on latest 3.5 stable. Is it safe to build a music library now before 3.6 stable, and Kodi will perform without massive database slowdown? I've got 650 albums. Using the same file structure as you @@Angelblue05.

Angelblue05

I'd wait if I were you, but it does work with server 3.5 stable. The reason you should wait is that when on 3.6, there's a new item id system and so, you'll need to blow up the database in Kodi to accommodate this change.

• Like 1

VaporTrail

Thanks, appreciate your knowledge @@Angelblue05.

As I keep metadata and artwork next to media, this new item id system won't cause a major impact on current movie/tv/music server-side libraries (even if I have to refresh metadata), correct? If it's only the Kodi database that needs a fresh start, perhaps I can process my music now, then only sync it when it's time to rebuild in Kodi?

The reason I ask, is it might take me days to process my music correctly. I have that sort of time this week. Still open of course to your wise suggestion to wait.  :)

Angelblue05

No it shouldn't. However with 3.6, it rebuilds your library completely using the new id system and so, all references that are in Kodi will need to be removed and re-added to avoid duplicates. Yes you could add music now, but when on 3.6 you'll need to repair the library. 

• Like 1

VaporTrail

OK, the major concern was having to rebuild server-side libraries from scratch. Sounds like that's not what the new id system requires. I plan to upgrade my tv client soon, so will need to start from scratch in Kodi anyway. 

• Like 1

glenn 1990

Ok, that's the same structure as the other person. I personally use artist folders > album folders > songs and my music library is correctly detected. I will get back to you on this. For now, if you remove the library from kodi, you should still be able to access it dynamically right? Music addons > emby > open the context menu on the music library > remove from library. Then the dynamic entry should appear.

Yes indeed, dynamic works ok :-)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...