Plugin Catalog Will Not Load

Brushfyre
Go to solution Solved by Brushfyre,

Brushfyre

Minor issue.

The plugins catalog will not load and unable to install plugins.   It just spins indefinitely.

Logs uploaded: sendlogs_brushfyre_synology_rtd1296_ds118_20181112T151954UTC.tgz

Thanks!

• Solution
Brushfyre

Resolved.

This was actually due to a network hardware issue and was not related to Emby functionality.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
hermann_x5

Hi,

sorry to bring this up. But I have the same problem and would be interested what the "network hardware problem" was ?

thanks, hermann

hermann_x5

Btw. I also get the following error: "Check for plugin updates fehlgeschlagen"

The operation has timed out.
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager+<SendAsyncInternal>d__18.MoveNext () [0x006b6] in <8252e50122f84f82af882c36d707f6ce>:0 
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager+<SendAsync>d__15.MoveNext () [0x001f4] in <8252e50122f84f82af882c36d707f6ce>:0 
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager+<GetAvailablePackagesWithoutRegistrationInfo>d__48.MoveNext () [0x000c0] in <8252e50122f84f82af882c36d707f6ce>:0 
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager+<GetAvailablePluginUpdates>d__57.MoveNext () [0x000a5] in <8252e50122f84f82af882c36d707f6ce>:0 
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.PluginUpdateTask+<Execute>d__7.MoveNext () [0x000a1] in <8252e50122f84f82af882c36d707f6ce>:0 
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker+<ExecuteInternal>d__68.MoveNext () [0x00156] in <8252e50122f84f82af882c36d707f6ce>:0

hermann_x5

Hi Luke,

thanks for having a look. Attached the logs. Btw. I have a second, Windows based server which does not show this problem...

best, Hermann

logs.7z

hermann_x5

I am not behind a VPN. QuickConnect is enabled. But to add info: I had EMby already installed on the DS218 in September. And at this time did not experience this problem...

hermann_x5

Ok, it seems that a restart of the DS218 fixed this problem. Really sorry for this, but I could not imagine this to be the solution (I restarted Emby Server a few times)..

hermann_x5

I like to add something that occurs to me could have been the cause for the problem. I have also plex running on this NAS (as both have some advantages and disadvantages and I am still not sure which way to finally go) and Plex had troubles with Metadata. I read in a forum that maybe this had something todo with IP v6. So. I deactivated IP v6 in DSM yesterday - which did not help. But  today, after restarting the diskstation, Plex worked fine and Emby also did not suffer from this problem anymore. So, most likely, it's a long shot, but maybe these kinds of problems have something todo with IPv6...

Schaekel

This seems to occure after a software update (DSM). I also had to restart my NAS in order to have connections (plugin-checks, scrapping and so on) via emby.