Playback is stopping near the end of a media file

Pittiplatsch

Any update on this issue?
not all shows are doing it for me but some series are consistent.

It dose not seem to be file type related (AVI, MKV) but could be an issue with other encoding.

Seems really coincidental that it occurs right around where the watched flag would be.   

Happy to upload anything that might help.. except actual episodes

Avi files always tend to be tricky. Do you have other kinds of video files you can compare with, such as mp4 and mkv? Thanks !

Apologies for the delay. We are still looking into it.

Yes you are right that it is inconsistent, so yes sample files would be very helpful. Thanks.

Dariusz

Apologies for the delay. We are still looking into it.

Yes you are right that it is inconsistent, so yes sample files would be very helpful. Thanks.

a user of mine actually started having the same problem a couple weeks back.. i started a new thread before i noticed this one.. i put some logs in there in case you want to have a look.. https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/75356-videos-crash-at-90-when-watching/

chrismallia

@@Luke.

Would it help if I send you a file that does this? I get it constant on this file, if so please let me know how I can send it.

Edited by chrismallia

@@Luke.

Would it help if I send you a file that does this? I get it constant on this file, if so please let me know how I can send it.

Yes that would be great, thanks.

chrismallia

Sorry for posting again but same thing happened again picture freez then catches up  and whole video pauses for split second evry once in a while, here are the logs.

This is MKV 

server.txt

ffmpeg.txt

Edited by chrismallia

chrismallia

@@Luke,

Can I send you the link in a PM, as its on my nextcloud server and I do not wish to share my domain publicly.

Thanks

Np, Just hope it gets resolved, for sure the emby guys are doing the best they can.

I was able to reproduce with your sample file and added a fix for the upcoming 4.2 server release. Thanks.

• Like 1

Pittiplatsch

I was able to reproduce with your sample file and added a fix for the upcoming 4.2 server release. Thanks.

I did a very quick test with 4.2.0.32 beta. It seems to be working now. That is awesome. Many thanks for that.

Any clues what was causing this issue?

Peter

Edited by Pittiplatsch

• 1 year later...
mydefposse

Am I the only one still getting this problem with the latest Windows version? around 90% it will just skip to the next episode and if I stop that and resume from 90% it will play for another 20 seconds or so and then do it again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 2:29 PM, mydefposse said:

Am I the only one still getting this problem with the latest Windows version? around 90% it will just skip to the next episode and if I stop that and resume from 90% it will play for another 20 seconds or so and then do it again.

Hi @mydefposse have you updated to Emby Server 4.6.3?