Missing files?

Roland.Stranneborn

Roland.Stranneborn

Hi all, I'm new to Emby, so far I'm very pleased. The killer feature for me is the Folder navigation where you can have posters for the folder itself. I came from a Microsoft Media Center environment where this works, but I was quite disappointed in e.g. Plex where it seems I can't navigate by folder view. It was very important for me so my kids could navigate by photos, not just reading text. Anyway, here are two newbie questions relating to Folder navigation:

1) If a Folder has only one movie, the folder itself will not show just the movie inside (which may have a different poster than the folder). Is that the way it is supposed to work?

2) I have a folder for "By Geography", where I have 3 subfolders which contain many movies. The main folder itself has these 3 subfolders and then just one movie. In this case Emby seems to ignore the 3 subfolders and just show the single movie in the "By Geography" folder. I think that's a bug. I've attached a screen shot of the folder /movie structure on my NAS.

Emby uses the name of the folder ("Geographic area"), but adds year of the single movie (2008), then use the poster for the movie, not the folder.

post-377739-0-71038000-1542019710_thumb.jpg

post-377739-0-13447000-1542022774_thumb.jpg

Edited by Roland.Stranneborn

mastrmind11

Hi all, I'm new to Emby, so far I'm very pleased. The killer feature for me is the Folder navigation where you can have posters for the folder itself. I came from a Microsoft Media Center environment where this works, but I was quite disappointed in e.g. Plex where it seems I can't navigate by folder view. It was very important for me so my kids could navigate by photos, not just reading text. Anyway, here are two newbie questions relating to Folder navigation:

1) If a Folder has only one movie, the folder itself will not show just the movie inside (which may have a different poster than the folder). Is that the way it is supposed to work?

2) I have a folder for "By Geography", where I have 3 subfolders which contain many movies. The main folder itself has these 3 subfolders and then just one movie. In this case Emby seems to ignore the 3 subfolders and just show the single movie in the "By Geography" folder. I think that's a bug. I've attached a screen shot of the folder /movie structure on my NAS.

Emby uses the name of the folder ("Geographic area"), but adds year of the single movie (2008), then use the poster for the movie, not the folder.

Yeah I don't believe that's going to work.  The single movie in the root folder is not the proper convention and it's confusing Emby.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie-naming