ET Live TV aspect ratio

arrbee99

arrbee99

Was just watching a bit of TV (standard def via NPVR plugin) in Chrome, and then watching the same program in desktop Theater, and it seems like in Theater the program is stretched horizontally...

Web -

5be75e747bfb7_EmbyLiveTVAspectratioweb.j

ET (aspect ratio set to Auto) -

5be75e9f5bd0f_EmbyLiveTVAspectratioET.jp

Not sure why...

Guest asrequested

I was looking at he difference in aspect ratios on the stats. That video appears to have padding that the web app is ignoring. But mpv is including it in the dimensions. I have a few videos like the one in the first pictures, but it plays just fine for me. Maybe there's been improvement for this in the later builds? As I'm using the latest Git build. 

@@arrbee99 can you share a sample?

arrbee99

That was with Live TV, but I see it also seems to apply to recordings.

I can send an existing recording but its really big so I'll see if I can record a short fresh bit and paste it here if it fits...

Guest asrequested

It plays just fine, for me. Try replacing mpv with the latest Git build from here. Just unzip it to

\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\x64\mpv

arrbee99

do I download the Windows 64 version with about 2,300 downloads or the one in the green box Download Latest Version, which is apparently only 3kb ?

arrbee99

Assuming I managed to unzip it to the correct place, directory ended up looking like this -

5be8d46e05048_EmbyLiveTVAspectratioBroke

Nope just as stretched as before

arrbee99

Interesting. Aspect ratio does work. Normally its set to Auto, so if I go and pick any of the other 'ARs' and then go back to Auto, it shows it properly (not stretched, like in Chrome). If I stop playing and then resume playing its back to stretched, pick another AR then go back to Auto and its back to normal unstretched again.

arrbee99

Still the same on Theater 3.0.5. Seems to apply to standard def TV, recording thereof and DVD's. Can't think of anything obvious I'm missing ?

Guest asrequested

Here, this is an mpv standalone with a portable mpv.conf (it won't affect your other stuff). Unzip it anywhere you want, double click on mpv.exe, and drag 'n' drop you video onto it. Does it play, correctly?

You should be unzipped it in its own folder.

Edited by Doofus

arrbee99

Sorry for wasting your time (again). Am dumb, dumb, dumb. Forgot I had a mpv.cmf file already - guess what this classic one liner says 'video-aspect=21:9'

Am I awesome or what ? (you do not have to answer this)

arrbee99

Think it was something to do with trying ET on a 21:9 monitor, but ET seems to work fine on one of those anyway.

arrbee99

I don't normally use the conf file at all. I don't have any of the latest stuff thats been coming out and generally just use ET on the main PC. I've seen you using it with HDR stuff and frame rate switching etc but that beyond the budget unfortunately (unless I accidentally drop the main TV out the window anyway...)