XMLTV several image formats

marmei

garyan2

Can you shut down the server, replace this file in your installation, and then start up and refresh the guide? Please let me know if anything changes after that. thanks.

That did it. I had to remove the XMLTV guide source and put it back in, but all the thumbs are now 16x9 and look good on SHIELD.

garyan2

Did you add using the XMLTV image dimensions? or was that still on-the-fly analysis? Would you like me to use a XMLTV file without dimensions?

Did you add using the XMLTV image dimensions? or was that still on-the-fly analysis? Would you like me to use a XMLTV file without dimensions?

Yes i did. It should work either way now, but will be faster if dimensions are supplied.

garyan2

Using XMLTV images with dimensions is a total success, but I just checked an XMLTV with multiple images and without dimensions... not so good. The primary seems to be following the Thumb selection now, rather than being separate and the Thumb selection appears to be any of the 4 aspect ratios I am providing.

Primary

5c3784edcaf6a_primary2.png

Thumb

5c37850ea1386_thumb2.png

Actually yea that will be a problem in Thumb view. There's not much we can do there. We only save an image into the thumb slot if we're confident it's 16:9 or close to it. We don't have image dimensions at that point so that means no thumb, and it just uses the primary image.

It just grabs the first one and that's basically all you get. We don't examine the images until display time, so at this point we have no idea unless you tell us the dimensions. It would be far too slow to do it during the guide refresh.

garyan2

Totally understand and just verified the images selected are the first images in the XMLTV. Is this something that emby will eventually be able to sort out as the program is displayed over time? Will it eventually analyze all images and properly bucketize them?

For me, it's a moot point since I will be adding all image dimensions to my XMLTV files. Just thinking of other scenarios.

Edited by garyan2
  • Like 1

Sort of. In that scenario only one image gets imported into the database, so it won't choose an alternate. But it will be examined for aspect ratio and the UI will adjust for that, provided that the primary image type is selected.

garyan2

So basically, without image dimensions provided in the XMLTV, you only get the first image for all displays. With image dimensions you will have a much better experience in all displays regardless of the number of images provided.

Seems simple enough.

garyan2

How did you get to that point? The snapshot below is from my virtual setup. I just added a bunch of series recordings and they are all showing the posters. Mind these are created new, I haven't tried to install 4.0 on top of my production 3.5.3 to see what it would look like.

Note to @@Luke, I like that the artwork is not getting corrupted by any prior/older series (i.e. Charmed 1998 vs 2018, The Flash 1990 vs 2014, ...)

5c3a59fc3f9fb_series_40.png

If you don't have series folders in your library with matching provider ids, then these images come from the guide data and then may or may not fit great on this screen.

Sounds like you either don't have series folders yet, or you do, but the provider ids don't match up with what's in the guide data. Or perhaps your guide data doesn't contain any provider ids at all.

alturismo

it worked fine until i changed xml epg to grab all possible formats instead 2x3 only ...

before i had 2x3 only, i ll revert back ;) thats all i changed cause i thought emby could handle multiply formats now what is the discussion here.

may a question if this affects also the series overview ...

doesnt look good anymore here ;) see attachement.

guide2go already supports the image formats, xTeVe only in the developer version. Will be unlocked soon.

guide2go XML:

<programme channel="guide2go.101715.schedulesdirect.org" start="20190124210000 +0000" stop="20190124213000 +0000">
          <title lang="de">ZIB 2</title>
          <sub-title lang="de">ZIB 2 - das ist das tägliche Nachrichten-Magazin des ORF-Fernsehens.</sub-title>
          <desc lang="de">ZIB 2 - das ist das tägliche Nachrichten-Magazin des ORF-Fernsehens. Die Sendung setzt Schwerpunkte und liefert Hintergründe.</desc>
          <category lang="en">Politics</category>
          <category lang="en">News</category>
          <episode-num system="original-air-date">2019-01-24</episode-num>
          <icon src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/p11119175_b_v7_aa.jpg" height="720" width="480"></icon>
          <icon src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/p11119175_b_h6_aa.jpg" height="540" width="720"></icon>
          <icon src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/p11119175_i_h10_aa.jpg" height="540" width="960"></icon>
          <video>
              <quality>HDTV</quality>
          </video>
          <audio>
              <stereo>dolby digital</stereo>
          </audio>
          <previously-shown start="2019-01-24"></previously-shown>
</programme>

xTeVe XML:

<programme channel="21" start="20190124210000 +0000" stop="20190124212500 +0000">
          <title lang="de">ZIB 2</title>
          <sub-title lang="de">ZIB 2 - das ist das tägliche Nachrichten-Magazin des ORF-Fernsehens.</sub-title>
          <desc lang="de">ZIB 2 - das ist das tägliche Nachrichten-Magazin des ORF-Fernsehens. Die Sendung setzt Schwerpunkte und liefert Hintergründe.</desc>
          <category lang="en">Politics</category>
          <category lang="en">News</category>
          <episode-num system="original-air-date">2019-01-24</episode-num>
          <icon src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/p11119175_i_h10_aa.jpg"></icon>
          <language></language>
          <video>
              <present>yes</present>
              <colour>yes</colour>
              <quality>HDTV</quality>
          </video>
          <date></date>
          <previously-shown start="2019-01-24"></previously-shown>
</programme>

Spaceboy

4.0.0.1 has everything we've talked about here. Thanks.

and so are we expected to clear a cache or do we only see this on new stuff or do some changes need to be made in epg123? @@garyan2

because i see no change