Emby for Kodi - Empty Music library

MrBurns

Dear Community,

i am using the last Kodi Beta Version (Kodi 18 Beta 5) with the last Emby Plugin Alpha Version (3.1.32a) on a Huawei Mediapad M5 Lite.

My Problem is that the Music Library is always empty.

The following steps that i have already done:

- Installed different Plugin Versions

- Installed different Kodi Versions

- Updated the database manually

- Repaired the database manually

- Reinstalled Kodi

If i removing the "Musik" Folder from the Kodi Library via. long touching on it (Remove Library from Kodi), i can acess the Media via. a  "Musik (dynamic)" folder.

While there are problems with the Music Synchronizing, the Movie Synchronizing works perfect.

I attached some Screenshots for describing the Problem better, hope it helps.

Log: http://paste.kodi.tv/yeriluseyi

Greetings,

Mr. Burns

post-377953-0-68635900-1541860847_thumb.jpg

post-377953-0-87510600-1541860849_thumb.jpg

post-377953-0-09045500-1541860851_thumb.jpg

post-377953-0-00435300-1541860852_thumb.jpg

post-377953-0-81288800-1541860852_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrBurns

Server Version is 3.5.3.0

Update:

I have updated the Server Version to 3.6.0.63 beta and reinstalled Kodi with the same Configuration as mentioned above.

Now the video playback crashes too. Fixed with updating the Library on the Server, but please still take a look on the log.

Log Video Crash:

http://paste.kodi.tv/uriyofuxis

Log Empty Library:

http://paste.kodi.tv/zoganiyoyu

Greetings,

Mr. Burns

Edited by MrBurns
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

It's returning no items when using artists. Can you tell me your music structure? I would like to replicate this issue on my side if possible.

Hello Angelblue,

the music structure looks like on this screenshots. I have also take another one with the rights for the music files.

Greetings,

Mr. Burns

post-377953-0-62868800-1542003091_thumb.png

post-377953-0-35829900-1542003093_thumb.png

post-377953-0-72031100-1542003093_thumb.png

I personally use artist folders > album folders > songs and my music library is correctly detected

Its working now but its hard to sort over 30.000 Files manually maybe you can fix that? ^_^ 

Greetings,

Mr. Burns

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Angelblue05

I have managed to see the issue.

@@Luke

I am on current 3.6 65 (Windows)

Something seems to misbehave when using structure like 

Or even a flat library of song files:

\Music
    1- Song.mp3
    2- Song.mp3

I see the songs under songs, but clicking the artist shows me no info, no link back to the songs. Is this something you can confirm? Maybe it's to do with having no album folder? In any case, importing using this structure doesn't seem to yield a complete result.

In the api, I get no results trying to pull songs based on the artist id. I think something is broken. When I use the structure Artist > Album > Songs, all works as intended. Let me know if you need more info.

Edited by Angelblue05

With that structure everything should work except albums. For albums, album folders are currently required although we plan to lift that requirement in the future.

Does everything work in the web app?

Angelblue05

@@Luke

No. Here is what I'm seeing in the web app. The api reflects this. I cannot pull the song using the artist id which is the issue I'm trying to fix. The song shows up under songs only.

5bfca75104f0f_song.jpg

5bfca73dab1dd_artistnosong.jpg

Edited by Angelblue05

At least in our apps, this is expected for now because the artist page only shows albums, that's why there's no way to get to the songs from there.

We plan to support a mish mash audio folder structure in the future, but for now we're not quite there yet. In order for all features to work, you're going to need album folders.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...