[REQUEST] I would like to know who the team is....

Lyfesaver

Lyfesaver

I have looked everywhere obvious and I cant seem to find out who the Emby Team is.

Who leads the support team?

Who is on the support team?

Who is on the admin team (I assume Luke leads admin team)

Who runs the business side (handling of overhead, pays bills etc)

Who leads the M / PR team?

Who is on the M / PR team?

Who is on the dev team?

Who leads the dev team?

Who leads the tester team?

Who leads the documentation team?

It does not have to be as detailed as something like this MP link:

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/about-the-team/who-we-are  (Yes that is me on the right hand side under PR)

but some kind of list (just usernames would be fine)  would be nice. It would be nice to get to know the team better, makes it easier to approach the right individual, etc...

[EDIT}: To be fair, I do know that you can go to member list and filter down by groups, but it does not really put them all one list (you have to go group to group and repopulate) and does not show leads or filter out the inactive (i would imagine) 

Edited by Lyfesaver

legallink

I don’t think you’ll find this anywhere for a variety of reasons. One of them being that a lot of orgs don’t want to devote the resources to maintaining that list and there is value in people not knowing who everyone is. The most high profile leads are @@ebr and @@Luke

But kudos to media portal for trying to do that.

Edited by legallink
  • Like 2

CBers

The simple answer to all of your questions @@Lyfesaver is, Luke and Ebr.

There are a few other developers, contributors and moderators, but Emby really only consists of the 2 of them.

• Like 2

Lyfesaver

I don’t think you’ll find this anywhere for a variety of reasons. One of them being that a lot of orgs don’t want to devote the resources to maintaining that list and there is value in people not knowing who everyone is. The most high profile leads are @@ebr and @@Luke

But kudos to media portal for trying to do that.

I hear what you are saying and of course I alone will never change anyone's minds, but allow me to address your ideas for possible reasons and further explain if you don't mind.

Maintaining the list could be a pain, yes that is true, but comparatively a small one. Website admin(s)/editor(s) make the change when someone leaves the team. Unless that happens with GREAT frequency, not sure that should be considered as a deciding factor (not trying to say you are wrong @@legallink, as that may well be a reason, I am just saying it really should not be one).

So allow me to take a step back, what I am asking for is really only a factor is this project is run as a community. If so then there has to be team leads and if there are team leads then there is an overall team. A true team. One that separates those that like to develop or answer support questions and those that have committed to (at some level) develop, document, support, etc. Those that have committed to being on the team (SPECIALLY the leaders) should be public, imho. Who they are in RL and biographical/biological data all kept secret of course (in that list I am the only one using my real name I think).

Now, if that is not the case.... if this is "The @@Luke and @@ebr Show" then they are the two team leaders and everything flows thru them then so be it. That's just how Emby is run. End of story. But if not, if there is a true team with team leads and responsibilities, I see no reason not to let that information known.

Thank you for your insight, @@legallink, and I am in no way trying to say you are wrong, just want that clear :)

Edited by Lyfesaver

Lyfesaver

The simple answer to all of your questions @@Lyfesaver is, Luke and Ebr.

There are a few other developers, contributors and moderators, but Emby really only consists of the 2 of them.

I suspected as much, so there is my answer.

Muchas gracias, CBers :)