Retrieving bar too big

Lane03

On the latest emby beta the green retrieving bar has grown outside the lines. Please see photo.

Edit: It could be Roku firmware, as that just updated yesterday. RokuTV 8.2.0 build 4167

post-150221-0-74442800-1541737013_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lane03

Just installed the regular emby and the issue isn't there. Also the OSD seems a bit off (text not centered) compared to what it used to be. See photos - look at bottom of the letter g in Digital.

post-150221-0-15590300-1541742317_thumb.jpg

post-150221-0-63225600-1541742326_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lane03

On the latest emby beta the green retrieving bar has grown outside the lines. Please see photo.

Edit: It could be Roku firmware, as that just updated yesterday. RokuTV 8.2.0 build 4167

Just installed the regular emby and the issue isn't there. Also the OSD seems a bit off (text not centered) compared to what it used to be. See photos - look at bottom of the letter g in Digital.

Those are two completely different interfaces.  The first one (exhibiting the problem) is in the Roku firmware so your suspicion about that update is probably correct.

Thanks.

The only difference in 8.2 is the addition of the Roku TV to pair to bluetooth speakers ability. Otherwise it is the same 8.1 on the Roku Ultra presently.

8.2.2: https://support.roku.com/article/360006911394-how-do-i-set-up-my-roku-tv-wireless-speakers-

That first screen is definitely a firmware issue. The second one is too. Man oh man how I have tried to straighten up that text. It just won't center. This also I assume is a firmware bug.

EDIT: BTW.. why is your second image showing "DIRECT" in uppercase? This isn't the BETA as when using the word "REMUX" in uppercase it won't fit in the spot. These are now shown as "Direct" "Remux" or "Trans" in the BETA. Less screaming text is better. ;)

Edited by speechles

EDIT: BTW.. why is your second image showing "DIRECT" in uppercase? This isn't the BETA as when using the word "REMUX" in uppercase it won't fit in the spot. These are now shown as "Direct" "Remux" or "Trans" in the BETA. Less screaming text is better. ;)

DIRECT in all caps was taken from the latest Emby Beta channel. If this wasn't changed by you then it too must be firmware related. How odd.

Edited by Lane03

DIRECT in all caps was taken from the latest Emby Beta channel. If this wasn't changed by you then it too must be firmware related. How odd.

No no no... lol... I mean, we took the uppercase away. Specifically nobody asked for it. I did that as my vision is sort of.. not great. When coding the thing I was struggling to read that. So during the test cycle of make it happen this turned into all-caps DIRECT. This was not supposed to stay this way. When I finally got REMUX to add in this is when I noticed it is instead putting REM... in the box. The uppercase was making the word "remux" too long. It wasn't putting the full word.. WTF.. Why is it just "REM..".. dammit.. Then I remembered, Oh yeah, I made it uppercase it should be normal text. I turned the text back to normal as that is how it is supposed to be. The uppercase all-caps was strictly supposed to be for me and my poor eyes seeing that black on grey. It is hard to see for me. Wasn't meant to go out to users as all BIG TEXT. This was a mistake.

The misalignment on the label has always been there. You just notice it now because RokuTV are the very last devices to get firmware updates. As these require hand-holding with TV manufacturers. So beta testing on these becomes something in-house the TV manufacturer does, not Roku. As such, the reason you just see the misaligned text now is likely because that firmware defect is now present on your RokuTV just like it has been for some time on my Roku Ultra. Not all good things come with firmware updates. There are some bad side effects that make developers cringe and have to work-around. Right now this is one of those situations. You must take the good, and take the bad, take them both, the facts of life.

If there is something we can do to work around these we will. I will investigate this too and add it to the issue tracker.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification. On a related note, when playing a movie where the video will direct play but the audio needs transcoding (emby server calls this "direct streaming"), the emby beta OSD reports this as "?". Before it would say "Trans", which as we know was also incorrect.

See attached.

post-150221-0-72489200-1541805574_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lane03

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification. On a related note, when playing a movie where the video will direct play but the audio needs transcoding (emby server calls this "direct streaming"), the emby beta OSD reports this as "?". Before it would say "Trans", which as we know was also incorrect.

See attached.

That was corrected 3 days ago. Along with some other cleanup work to that section. That isn't pushed to beta yet for some reason..

@@ebr ?

Anyways.. the final cleaned up version will display "Direct", "Remux", or "Trans". One of those 3 will appear. When you first pop open the OSD it will briefly show "?" if you are transcoding. Briefly as in so fast you might miss it ever was "?". Don't blink or you will miss it.. There is a sessionsTask that runs when you click the OSD and are transcoding. That session task finds exactly how the item is playing. This sessionsTask will be needed for the StatsForNerds display when we get there. All of this is done to match the TV look all the apps are aiming for. Using Android TV as the style guide.

Edited by speechles

Just an update, my retrieving bar is back to normal size on the RokuTV. Emby beta did update to v3.0.120 and the "?" is fixed as well. Speeches, you weren't kidding when your said blink and you'll miss it. It took me several attempts before I saw the ? for a fraction of a second.

@@speechles so the retrieving bar is back to being too tall once I restarted the TV and launched emby beta. My daughter was watching shows on other streaming channels prior to my last post. I'll try to figure out what series of events caused it to shrink to normal size, but from a clean boot the bar is too tall. Love intermittent issues, as they are always a pain to track down.

Edit: bar graphic issue is also present when pausing/seeking.

post-150221-0-35394200-1541872973_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lane03

@@Lane03

I can only guess this is something in the firmware. What resolves it is probably a partner channel with access to inner-working variables that normal rsga apps don't get privilege.

<app id="12" subtype="ndka" type="appl" version="4.2.81179000">Netflix</app>
<app id="13" subtype="ndka" type="appl" version="10.4.2018101018">Amazon Prime Video</app>
<app id="46041" subtype="ndka" type="appl" version="5.9.124">Sling TV </app>
<app id="13842" subtype="ndka" type="appl" version="1.3.258338">VUDU</app>
<app id="837" subtype="ndka" type="appl" version="1.0.70500272">YouTube</app>

See if using one of these apps fixes the issue. These can run directly using all cores with full access to environment variables. Running one of these apps might temporarily fix the stretched out progress indicator. It is hard to know why it is doing that and how to work around it without actually having that TV in front of me. Hopefully we can get Roku to acknowledge something is wrong.

Is it okay for me to mention this post and use your images to make a post on Roku forums to see if they can help? If so I need more information from you please. Specifically, which brand and model of TV and the present firmware version. Also need serial # from your device. With these 3 things they can watch logs for your device and check which branch of the exact firmware is on it. Then they can see if we are right. BTW, we are right. :)
Edited by speechles

Yep, feel free to share with them and I'll provide whatever info I can. For what it's worth, I believe ebr acquired the exact same model TV (TCL 55S405), or at least one running the same firmware, I have to troubleshoot a previous issue (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/60008-roku-tv-stuck-on-welcome-to-emby/page-9&do=findComment&comment=604838).

@@ebr are you able to reproduce this graphics issue?

• 1 month later...

Just too add to the thread, both my Roku ultra devices with new update to firmware 9.0 is now exhibiting the same. Green loading bar is almost 2x the height of the bar's grey background.

Roku isn't blending colors correctly. It is bleeding colors.

4HzfS52.png

I have the same problem on my Roku Ultra model 4640. They are supposed to blend the fillBarBlendColor but it is bleeding the entire space.

Edited by speechles

I'll be interested to know if you still see this in beta .131.

(the progress bars will go back to default Roku purple)

@@ebr i just updated to .131 and tested it. It is indeed purple, and its back to normal (All the progress purple bar falls within the confines of the grey background bar)

• 3 weeks later...
notla49285

How do I upgrade to beta? I'm still having this issue, also how do I tell when Roku has done an update?

Edited by notla49285

samuelqwe

How do I upgrade to beta? I'm still having this issue, also how do I tell when Roku has done an update?

You should be able to add the beta by following the instructions at the bottom of the page for the Roku client download on the Emby website.

You won’t get notified when updates takes place unless you look around the forum.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Just to confirm, installed beta and the loading bar is fixed (though it is purple instead of Emby green).

Unfortunately a Roku defect right now.