Can't move Camera Upload Photos to new folder

markle88

markle88

When Emby uploads the photos from my phone, it will not allow me to move the files to a new directory. 

"You need permission to perform this action. You require permission from Unix User\root to make changes to this file"

I understand that this has to do with the permissions that are assigned to the file and directory where the files are uploaded. But how do I change the directory so that I can move the files from my windows PC? I have mapped the drive to my PC using the admin credentials but that doesn't seem to work.

markle88

/shares/Public/Shared Pictures/_Photo Uploads

Not really sure if there is a log or something i should be posting to help you with this issue. Let me know and I should be able to provide whatever you need.

markle88

I am logged in to the share via the network and logged in as the Admin. I even went so far as to setup a new user with Read/write permissions and still no joy. I am able to modify all other documents in the directory, but anything that Emby uploaded to the photos folder seem to have restricted permissions. I am only able to delete the photos through the emby app.

alucryd

Can you change the directory permissions via the web interface and make them read writable to everyone?

Edited by alucryd

• 2 weeks later...
markle88

That didn't work. 

But i was able to log in to the server via ssh and change the directory permissions. That seems to have done the trick.