Can't play lot of movie.

Askbruzz

Askbruzz
Hello, it's about a month that I have a problem with Emby. When I click on Play to watch a movie on my FireStick, Emby shows me only the loading screen. After a while, Emby asks me if there is an Audio / Video problem. Press yes or no is the same ... The movie does not start and my NAS starts to load, I do not know what (my hdd makes lot of loading noise) and I can not access my NAS for about 40/50 minutes. When the loading finish, my NAS returns to normal.
This happens with every 4K movie and with a lot of FullHD movies.

What could be the problem?

ps. I apologize for my bad English: D

Thanks a lot

Regards

Mike

ffmpeg trasconde.txt

ffmpeg trasconde 2.txt

Log.txt

Askbruzz

Hi, looks like you're not getting fast enough transcoding. can you try turning off the subtitles?

Hello,

I have checked and subtitles are off.

Askbruzz

In the log you posted subtitles are on. Where did you check?

before starting the movie I checked and the subtitles are off. I do not know why in the logs they are turned on.

Askbruzz

Where in the app? In the video player? In settings, or where else? Thanks.

Ops Sorry.

I Have checked in the video player and are disabled. See Photos attached. 

I have tried to change the audio too but without success.

Thanks you so much

post-303813-0-09113000-1541958022_thumb.jpg

post-303813-0-71747300-1541958054_thumb.jpg

Edited by Askbruzz

What NAS model do you have and what is the processor?

From the ffmpeg logs that you have provided:

4k HEVC main 10 at around 80mbps.

Need to transcode video and audio:

Stream mapping:  Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (hevc (native) -> h264 (h264_vaapi))  Stream #0:2 -> #0:1 (ac3 (native) -> aac (native))
For some reasons, hardware transcoding (vaapi) failed and ffmpeg fall back to software transcoding.
Stream mapping:  Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (hevc (native) -> h264 (libx264))  Stream #0:2 -> #0:1 (ac3 (native) -> aac (native))

But to transcode UHD hevc main 10 and audio at 80mbps, you need a very very powerful processor.  The processor in the NAS is not able to keep up.

frame=    2 fps=0.0 q=0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:00.42 bitrate=N/A speed=0.00132x    

You need the speed to be at least 1.0000x or higher.

Why hardware transcoding is failling, I don't know.  Probably the video engine on the processor doesn't supporting 4k hevc 10 bit.  But since I don't know your processor model, I can't tell for sure.

Edited by rouq

Askbruzz

What NAS model do you have and what is the processor?

From the ffmpeg logs that you have provided:

4k HEVC main 10 at around 80mbps.

Need to transcode video and audio:

Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (hevc (native) -> h264 (h264_vaapi))
  Stream #0:2 -> #0:1 (ac3 (native) -> aac (native))
For some reasons, hardware transcoding (vaapi) failed and ffmpeg fall back to software transcoding.
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (hevc (native) -> h264 (libx264))
  Stream #0:2 -> #0:1 (ac3 (native) -> aac (native))
But to transcode UHD hevc main 10 and audio at 80mbps, you need a very very powerful processor. The processor in the NAS is not able to keep up.
frame=    2 fps=0.0 q=0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:00.42 bitrate=N/A speed=0.00132x
You need the speed to be at least 1.0000 or higher.

Why hardware transcoding is failling, I don't know. Probably the video engine on the processor doesn't supporting 4k hevc 10 bit. But since I don't know your processor model, I can't tell for sure.

Sorry i forgot it.

My nas is a Synology DS918+

It's not clear to me (maybe they Devs can give more explanations) why vaapi encoding fails. From the logs :

Impossible to convert between the formats supported by the filter 'Parsed_hwupload_1' and the filter 'auto_scaler_0'

Error reinitializing filters!

Failed to inject frame into filter network: Function not implemented

Error while processing the decoded data for stream #0:0

[aac @ 0x2362e80] Qavg: 64650.125

[aac @ 0x2362e80] 2 frames left in the queue on closing

Conversion failed!

But you are asking a lot to this little processor (intel celeron J3455). Since emby only uses vaapi for encoding and uses software decoding, I don't think this processor can handle transcoding of UHD hevc 10 bit over 80mbps.

I own a ds418play, the processor is in the same family but 2 cores instead of 4 and transcoding a 1080p hevc 10 bit at 5 mbps takes a lot of processing power. I never tried a UHD file like the one you are trying to transcode but I'm pretty sure it would not be able to do it.

To stream this movie to the firestick using this NAS as server, I think the best way would be to use the multi resolution files that emby support. I would create a copy of this file with a lower resolution and a lower bitrate that the firestick can direct play. Emby suppose to be capable of selecting the proper file based on the player capability.

Sorry I can help more.

Edited by rouq

Askbruzz

It's not clear to me (maybe they Devs can give more explanations) why vaapi encoding fails. From the logs :

Impossible to convert between the formats supported by the filter 'Parsed_hwupload_1' and the filter 'auto_scaler_0'

Error reinitializing filters!

Failed to inject frame into filter network: Function not implemented

Error while processing the decoded data for stream #0:0

[aac @ 0x2362e80] Qavg: 64650.125

[aac @ 0x2362e80] 2 frames left in the queue on closing

Conversion failed!

But you are asking a lot to this little processor (intel celeron J3455). Since emby only uses vaapi for encoding and uses software decoding, I don't think this processor can handle transcoding of UHD hevc 10 bit over 80mbps.

I own a ds418play, the processor is in the same family but 2 cores instead of 4 and transcoding a 1080p hevc 10 bit at 5 mbps takes a lot of processing power. I never tried a UHD file like the one you are trying to transcode but I'm pretty sure it would not be able to do it.

To stream this movie to the firestick using this NAS as server, I think the best way would be to use the multi resolution files that emby support. I would create a copy of this file with a lower resolution and a lower bitrate that the firestick can direct play. Emby suppose to be capable of selecting the proper file based on the player capability.

Sorry I can help more.

Thanks you very much.

I have tried with ds video player and i was able to play the video.

This is little bit boring because i hate to have too many player installed on the nas... emby, plex and ds video.

Thanks you very much.

I have tried with ds video player and i was able to play the video.

This is little bit boring because i hate to have too many player installed on the nas... emby, plex and ds video.

To my knowledge, DS video has access to a hardware video engine that Plex and emby don't. But I thought that Synology has dropped support for this app.

Askbruzz

To my knowledge, DS video has access to a hardware video engine that Plex and emby don't. But I thought that Synology has dropped support for this app.

this means that there is no definitive solution :(

Askbruzz

Hello @@Askbruzz

From an SSH session, can you run the following and post the output here:-

sudo /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/vainfo

Best

- James

Hello,

i hope this i right. 

post-303813-0-43225800-1542188230_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...