How do I wipe the history of / reset a file?

KR!5

Hi guys,

This is an extension of the previous topic but doesn't apply directly, so I'm going to edit the question from that out.

Since each file saves it's own subtitle settings - how do I reset this?

• Do I delete from the folder, re-scan and then add it back in?
  • Is there a cache I have to clear?
  • Can I create a copy of the file and give it a slightly different name?

this is how I originally asked it before deleting it from the other thread, in case it makes my question any clearer:

So, my question is - how can I delete all history of a previously played file? Do I delete the series, re-scan to update the library without it and add it back in? Will this treat the episodes as new again?

Edited by KR!5

Hi, we don't currently have a function for this, but you can reset watch data by marking watched, then unwatched.

Thanks for quick reply.

That's fine if there isn't an official function - but what can I manually do?

Here's the issue in better detail

1. Some files have wrong subtitle selection settings (my mistake)
  2. I know I cannot change these (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/49324-forced-subtitles-dont-work/page-2)
  3. What are my options? For example, if I were to copy and rename the files outside of Emby and then add these copies in, surely Emby must recognise these copies as new files without a usage-history (which they are)?

SRT subtitles are only loading for videos that haven't been played before I changed my profile's subtitle settings

1. What are my options? For example, if I were to copy and rename the files outside of Emby and then add these copies in, surely Emby must recognise these copies as new files without a usage-history (which they are)?

Yes this is correct. Apart from that you'd have to work with the database directly.

CBers

@kr!5 what exactly is it you're trying to do, as I don't fully understand?

Sounds like you just want to replace a subtitle file with another and/or remove watched status.