Formuler z box into emby

tonytiger1

tonytiger1

Hello people of Emby! First off, love it!

I have an "is it possible" question.

I'm using a dedicated Win 7 pc as the server. There are multiple devices around my home and phones etc etc which can stream flawlessly from the server.

However, I am using a formuler z box for my iptv. It has been (didn't realize the impact at the time of acquisition) linked to my iptv provider via a mac address rather than user name and  password. Therefore, when I try to setup and access the iptv in emby, all I get is a blank stream (using the iptv url).

Is it possible to run the formuler box iptv directly thru the emby server somehow, to get the live tv signal to cast to all the other devices?

I hope this makes some sense to you.....

Jdiesel

If is is strictly authenticated by mac address you could trying spoofing the mac address of your Windows PC's network adapter to match that of your streaming box.

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-change-mac-address/

You may also have to do some sniffing to see what the http header looks like, luckily Emby has the ability to use a custom user agent so you should be able to replicate that too.

Edited by Jdiesel

tonytiger1

It is strictly authenticated by the mac address....I'm treading in waters here I don't know a whole lot about, but if it ain't broke, might as well break it and try to fix it....

Let me muck about with the mac address thingy, see what occurs.....

tonytiger1

ok, thank you for the help. Ive changed the mac address on the server and it matches the fomuler, but still no luck. 

Im not sure how to sniff around the header. Can you point me in a direction where I would look, and what am I looking for. LOL...

tonytiger1

Ok, update here....I gave up on the mac address limitation.....closed that account and opened a new one with login credentials instead, and although it took over a day to populate the channels and epg (which was weird), it works beautifully.

Pvr, channels, epg all perfect.

Now to figure out the vod without interfering with the live tv...…..