Emby App on Windows Phone (Lumia 950)

thelanranger

thelanranger

So, I have setup a test server to see about switching from plex and I've been testing out the things that I use on a regular basis and one of them is remote controlling my various devices using my phone. 

I have found that there are quite a lot of bugs in the Windows Phone app and I'm not really sure where to begin actually. Mostly what I use this for is to play music on another device (say the firetv or xbox) that already has the app open. In the app on my phone I'm used to being able to hit the connect button, choose a device, and then remote control it. This bit seems to work pretty well except that on the phone there are no buttons! 

Firstly, the progress bar at the bottom is hidden behind the 'Windows Bar" (the bar with the Back,Home,Search key and you can't see it or click on it. If you rotate the phone then you can see it, but it only has a pause button and nothing else, no forward, backward, playlist access or anything. If you click the cast button and get it into a full screen mode so you have the song that is playing, it gives you STILL only pause, stop, (both of which do the same thing) and a volume control (which does nothing) and no other buttons.

1) How can I see the current playlist on the remote device?

2) How can I hit next?

3) How can I rearrange the active playlist?

4) How can I properly queue a song? (Holding on a song and hitting play next did not play the song next. When I looked on the remote device it put this at the end of the active queue.)

Thanks!

HI, welcome. Managing playlists on remote devices is something we haven't added yet but we are working on.

As far as general layout and defects, our Windows Store app at this time is not really built for mobile screens. It's great on TV's, desktops and tablets, but out windows mobile development has slowed with the death of Windows phone.

4) How can I properly queue a song? (Holding on a song and hitting play next did not play the song next. When I looked on the remote device it put this at the end of the active queue.)

That's all you need to do. What app/device did you queue to?

thelanranger

I tried remote controlling the web client. If I just browsed around and picked something and hit play then it might play a bunch of stuff (like if you pick an artist it adds the whole artist worth of stuff to a queue) then if you hit play next on a song (like you hold down and hit play next) it puts that at the bottom of the whole list of the artist stuff.

This is really all I meant about at "playlist". It's not really about making a playlist so much as managing a queue. You need at LEAST some next and back buttons and a way to bring up the active queue so you can move songs around in the queue on the phone. It's like...SO close to usable....