Coverart Subtitles

gsites

hello

How do I make a movie appearance if it's captioned? What is the name of the image to put in the specific folder?

Can anyone help explaining how to do it? or say where you have some tutorial? I searched but did not find.

thank you

5be3a7ee5b974_embysubtitles.jpg

Happy2Play

Easy answer

select the movie

edit metadata

scroll down to Tags

add ca-uhd

hit save

But what does this have to do with Subtitles?

Other options "ca-blu-ray or ca-dvd", not sure of others.

Edited by Happy2Play

Hi.  It looks like a recent update may have broken these - at least on the configuration display.  I think they are still actually working in the UI.  Can you set these to show and then look at one of your items with subtitles in the web app and see if it shows the indicator there?

PenkethBoy

@@ebr

they work fine in the UI in stable and Beta for subtitles showing on the cover

The config display for subs has not worked for months and several versions - so its not new

Not work fine for me

Thanks for helping

Hi.  Exactly what isn't working?  Have you confirmed your items have subtitles?

Can you show us screen shots?

• 4 months later...
Senna

@@ebr

Is it possible for the subtitle indicator overlay, to follow the set "preferred subtitle language" in Emby User profile, so that the overlay shows the set language when available ?

Or is the above a feature request ?

Happy2Play

@@ebr

Does subtitles overlay only apply to external subtitles?  I only see overlays on items with external and not on items with internal subs. (testing purposes only as I don't use subtitles)

Also CA plugin UI does not show a overlay when you enable the option like the other overlay options as shown above.

plugin ui

5cabfbd35b1e4_uinoexample.jpg

external subtitle

5cabfb3ad01cd_external.jpg

internal subtitle

5cabfb542c630_internal.jpg

Senna

@@ebr

Does subtitles overlay only apply to external subtitles?  I only see overlays on items with external and not on items with internal subs.

What I see, with my media, is that no subtitle overlay is applied for internal/external subtitles, when those subtitles are undefined (even if this internal/external undefined subtitle is marked as default)

Letting Emby download an external SRT subtitle for that same Movie, the Cover Art plugin uses the language of the just downloaded SRT for the subtitle overlay, so that is good.

So far the logic of the Cover Art plugin is good, it works for the subtitle overlays as long as the sub tracks have language definition (internal/external) defined.

But what is not good, as already stated, that when media has multiple internal/external sub tracks, that it doesn't follow the subtitle language User preference, by only displaying the default marked subtitle language as overlay.

This breaks the original intention, why to use subtitle overlays from the Cover Art plugin, because users only want to know if their set preferred language (from user profile) is available.

Edit:typo

Edited by Senna
  • Like 1

@@ebr

Is it possible for the subtitle indicator overlay, to follow the set "preferred subtitle language" in Emby User profile, so that the overlay shows the set language when available ?

Or is the above a feature request ?

No it really isn't because the image belongs to the item, not the user...

Senna

No it really isn't because the image belongs to the item, not the user...

Even when the item contains a subtitle track, that is the same language as the set preferred user language subtitle preference from user profile ?

For all my users on my Emby server that would be the same language, so I can't understand why that would not be possible.

Or at least let the Cover Art plugin follow the Admin user preference, regarding the language of subtitles, for the subtitle overlay.

Even when the item contains a subtitle track, that is the same language as the set preferred user language subtitle preference from user profile ?

For all my users on my Emby server that would be the same language, so I can't understand why that would not be possible.

Or at least let the Cover Art plugin follow the Admin user preference, regarding the language of subtitles, for the subtitle overlay.

There is no "user" as far as CoverArt is concerned.  It runs on the server on items completely outside the context of any particular user.

• 1 year later...
lundblad
On 10/04/2019 at 14:55, ebr said:

T

i have multible subtitles, it is only showing Danish subtitle on the cover, i want it to show swedish (swe / sv). And what should i name my custom sub icons? and  what filetype?

Edited by lundblad

GrimReaper

I've had similar issue here:

You might achieve that through this plugin:

, to have your Swedish subtitled movies marked, as that is currently not possible in CoverArt if there are multiple subtitles present alphabetically in front. Works for movies only, tho, for the moment. 

lundblad
On 15/02/2021 at 00:32, GrimReaper76 said:

I've had similar issue here:

You might achieve that through this plugin:

, to have your Swedish subtitled movies marked, as that is currently not possible in CoverArt if there are multiple subtitles present alphabetically in front. Works for movies only, tho, for the moment. 

So it will work with that plugin? :) I will check it out :) Thank you