Large audio sync error since newest update making stream stop...

highonascii
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

highonascii

Why did you need to do a reset?

Because I messed up my setup by mistake when my wireless mini keyboard's batteries were dying lol bascially reset my database and tried to stop it and messed everything up so I just started 100% fresh again... Oh and I generated new device id just for shits n giggles ;)

Edited by highonascii

highonascii

Not seeing kodi pop up as a device in use when logged in... I tried troubleshooting but am at a loss and have to get to bed, work in the am... I'll mess with it more tomorrow

highonascii

Post your Kodi log when you can.

Kodi companion is working but I am still not seeing kodi device pop up on server, weird... Here is the log you want... 

kodi.log

Angelblue05

@@Luke

What could cause a device to not show up server side? I have another user with a similar issue that they don't see the device appear under "Play to". yet I am certain I am sending the right stuff. It works for most people, except a few.

/Capabilities/Full

{
            'PlayableMediaTypes': "Audio,Video",
            'SupportsMediaControl': True,
            'SupportedCommands': (
                "MoveUp,MoveDown,MoveLeft,MoveRight,Select,"
                "Back,ToggleContextMenu,ToggleFullscreen,ToggleOsdMenu,"
                "GoHome,PageUp,NextLetter,GoToSearch,"
                "GoToSettings,PageDown,PreviousLetter,TakeScreenshot,"
                "VolumeUp,VolumeDown,ToggleMute,SendString,DisplayMessage,"
                "SetAudioStreamIndex,SetSubtitleStreamIndex,"
                "SetRepeatMode,"
                "Mute,Unmute,SetVolume,"
                "Play,Playstate,PlayNext,PlayMediaSource"
            ),
            'IconUrl': "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/develop/kodi_icon.png",
        }

Angelblue05

There needs to be an active web socket connection in order to communicate remote control commands.

Ok is there anything else? Because there were no error with the websocket. It was connected.

And what about a device missing from active devices/devices?

@@highonascii

Does Kodi show up under devices, but does not show up under active device?

If it was listed in active devices and then disappeared then that means the socket disconnected at some point.

Angelblue05

No the device doesn't show up whatsoever. Will keep digging, thanks for your time.

@@highonascii when you did a fresh install, did you re-authenticate?

Edited by Angelblue05

• 2 weeks later...
Angelblue05

@@Luke

Is it best practice to post capabilities after connecting to the websocket? The issue here is the device does not appear under active device at any point.

@@highonascii

I see a lot of verification errors, can you try disabling verify connection in the add-on settings and let me know if that makes any difference? (I don't think it will, but you never know)

Edited by Angelblue05

highonascii

@@Luke

Is it best practice to post capabilities after connecting to the websocket? The issue here is the device does not appear under active device at any point.

@@highonascii

I see a lot of verification errors, can you try disabling verify connection in the add-on settings and let me know if that makes any difference? (I don't think it will, but you never know)

I have had verify connection off this whole time.... Remember the ssl issue? Been off since then since I couldn't get it to stop verifying

• 3 weeks later...
highonascii

Really? And was that before taking the last log in this thread?

yes. sorry I never answered I have been super busy irl