Large audio sync error since newest update making stream stop...

highonascii
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

highonascii

When trying to watch anything it streams fine for 2-5 mins then stream stops. In log I can see it saying large audio sync error... 

Edit: Problem solved!

Edited by highonascii

highonascii

When trying to watch anything it streams fine for 2-5 mins then stream stops. In log I can see it saying large audio sync error... Here is log...

I should of mentioned I am on newest kodi 18, my local server is newest beta with newest kodi companion, I am using emby connect to login, and the server i connect to is remote. I have checked speeds though and streams fine off webplayer. Cheers!

highonascii

You are transcoding, any errors server side? 

I don't see any errors as I said this just started after newest update to 3.1.34a and I don't have any transcoding turned on, only force http is on, so not sure why it would even be transcoding...

highonascii

Looks like the video quality is set too low in the addon settings > playback.

That can make it crash? Never did before, I always keep it on 4.7mbps because I stream pretty much 24/7 and that is lowest for 1080p... I can increase it though and see if that fixes it. I'll be back and let you know

Angelblue05

That can make it crash? Never did before, I always keep it on 4.7mbps because I stream pretty much 24/7 and that is lowest for 1080p... I can increase it though and see if that fixes it. I'll be back and let you know

No but it's the reason that transcode is happening. If you are on local network, leave it at the default value. This should only be adjusted for remote connection.

highonascii

No but it's the reason that transcode is happening. If you are on local network, leave it at the default value. This should only be adjusted for remote connection.

Yeah as I said I am connecting to a remote server... I have put it up to 10mbps and that seems to have fixed it... Can't believe I didn't think of adjusting that lol... Thanks for the help you rock!

• Like 1

highonascii

I get it now why it was transcoding sometimes and not other times from restricting the speed in settings... I set to default and boom pre downloading buffer again, but now on everything... Trying to save bandwidth is not worth the headache, lesson learned... Much happier now... Thanks again!

Edited by highonascii
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

It'd still check as it sounds something is wrong when Emby tries to transcode the file. Was there no transcoding log from your play attempts? But glad it works nonetheless.

• Like 1

highonascii

It'd still check as it sounds something is wrong when Emby tries to transcode the file. Was there no transcoding log from your play attempts? But glad it works nonetheless.

Seems to be specifically when transcoding at lower mbps... I removed log above because it had some personal info in it I noticed... Is there a different log for addon transcoding? If not then would be whatever was in log... I can recreate scenario in kodi log if you want me too... just have to lower mbps to 4.7  

Angelblue05

No. The transcode log is only server side. It should appear alongside your server log, except the filename is ffmpeg-transcode-{guid}

• Like 1

highonascii

No. The transcode log is only server side. It should appear alongside your server log, except the filename is ffmpeg-transcode-{guid}

Would my server log matter if I am using a remote server in addon? I'll check that log if it does

Angelblue05

Not your server log, the transcode log because you were transcoding and that file played in Kodi crashed. But that file is provided by Emby ffmpeg so that's where we'd see the issue if there was one.

• Like 1

highonascii

Not your server log, the transcode log because you were transcoding and that file played in Kodi crashed. But that file is provided by Emby ffmpeg so that's where we'd see the issue if there was one.

5be4e155b61b2_nologs.jpg

No logs for transcode unfortunately... 

highonascii

Even after repeating the test that cause the issue?

Correct... maybe it auto deletes? I'll try again and watch folder

Angelblue05

Did you delete the entire addon_data folder 3 days ago? You deleted the device id if so. Delete the Kodi device entry (3 dots > delete). Then start Kodi. What happens? I think it may ask you to re-authenticate. Let me know if then you see the device appear?

Edited by Angelblue05

highonascii

Did you delete the entire addon_data folder 3 days ago? You deleted the device id if so. Delete the Kodi device entry (3 dots > delete). Then start Kodi. What happens? I think it may ask you to re-authenticate. Let me know if then you see the device appear?

Yeah I deleted plugin.video.emby from addon_data so it would make a fresh folder... I just deleted device on server and did another fresh emby install but I generated a new device id before I logged in or anything... syncing now.. will test again soon ;)