Kodi disappears

arrbee99

arrbee99

Not sure if its an Emby thing but sometimes recently, like 5 minutes ago, I fire up Kodi, on same Windows machine as Emby server, it opens, it updates the TV guide, not sure if thats from Emby or separate NextPVR thing in Kodi, and then it just disappears again (shuts down by itself).

If I start it up again after that it seems fine.

Kodi log attached.

kodi.log

sualfred

What skin are you using?
Leia has a bug and crashes back to desktop randomly if the skin has duplicate control IDs in the same window.

Edited by sualfred

arrbee99

What skin are you using?

Leia has a bug and crashes back to desktop randomly if the skin has duplicate control IDs in the same window.

Still playing around with that  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=330749 Titan mod skin recommended here  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/64208-skins-whats-available-whats-everyone-using-for-kodiemby/page-2#entry643853  

Not sure if it would have that duplicate control thingy you mentioned.

Edit - sorry copied and pasted that first link twice and it still won't work.

Edited by arrbee99

sualfred

Since this bug just creates a instability and the crashes are random you could switch back to Estuary (temporary) to see if you still face it.

A good way to force a crash is to add the command "ReloadSkin()" to a key and walk around the skin and reload the skin again and again. Also start a playback, stop the playback a few times with combined reloads in different windows. It's like a memory leak and it take some time until the crash will happen.

It took me weeks until I've found the reason for such crashes and I bet other skins could have the same problem.

arrbee99

Thanks for the info. Yes I'll head back to Estuary and see what happens. It'll have to be in general use though, that ReloadSkin and key stuff is beyond me unfortunately.

arrbee99

Thanks. Didn't register that you literally meant a physical key press, thought it was some specific Kodi command or something.